Priming with brown sugar please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olBigBass

Reaction score
I am bottling a pumpkin ale tonight and I am going to use dark brown sugar. I have read all over the forums and no one says exactly how much to use. I need a measurement for 5 gallons of beer! Any help would really be appreciated.

Wow bookmarked! I never found that in all my googling lol. Thanks a ton!!! Results is .58 or 1/2 a cup for 5 gallons. Glad I asked guy told me To use 3/4 cup. I didn't want bottle rockets in my house.

I do have a scale. Why is it more important to use a scale? Does brown sugar have different weight per volume than say corn or cane sugar?

Half a cup of packed brown sugar is way different from half a cup of loose brown sugar. With a kitchen scale, you can get precisely what you need without any guesswork.

What fat dragon said you put this much work into better to be precise if you have the means

Back