Priming with apple juice concentrate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldawg5150

Reaction score
My wife and I have started making cider together, and she wants to do her first one and prime with apple juice concentrate. How much would you use for a 5.5 gallon batch of cider? I know I've seen this somewhere, but I can't find the thread. Sorry if this is a repeat question, but any info would be greatly appreciated!

I use 55ml per gallon. Based on your ajc it might be more or less. You'll have to look at the nutrition facts to do the math based on sugar per serving and servings per can.

When I do five gallon batches I just go with one can and that's enough and I don't have to fiddle. I just thaw it and add it to my bottling bucket. It gives about 2.6 ish volumes of co2 for me.

Or instead of letting things ferment to dry and then adding back FAJC, (just to have that also ferment to dry) Just bottle when the SG hits 1.003-002.

We are new to this whole thing so the whole bottle bomb thing is a pretty big concern for us. We made a "jailhouse" batch first, and just pasteurized the bottles. That worked out ok, but it's not something we want to do in the future. We don't really have the fridge space to cold crash anything, and no keg system (yet :)

Back