primary idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewster13

Reaction score
Anyone ever put a spigot on there primary bucket and just use it to bottle beer? You could add your priming sugar to the primary and then just bottle from that (minus all of the sediment on the bottom). I am new to this but thought the idea might work. Please feel free to correct me if I am confused.:drunk:

It is extremely difficult to mix the priming sugar properly without mixing the yeast and trub back in. If you used carb drops, it would work.

To clarify, are you saying that you want to go straight from primary in the bucket to adding your priming sugar and bottling w/out racking it to another vessel?

its a good idea in theory, but like david pointed out, batch priming is pretty much out of the question, plus if you have a thick trub its going to bury the spigot, and the extra surface area provides more risk of infection.

Anyone ever put a spigot on there primary bucket and just use it to bottle beer? You could add your priming sugar to the primary and then just bottle from that (minus all of the sediment on the bottom). I am new to this but thought the idea might work. Please feel free to correct me if I am confused.:drunk:

It would work but I wouldn't recommend it. You could add a spigot to your primary and use it to mix priming sugar after transferring to a secondary fermenter and then back to your cleaned out primary. Your beer will lack clarity if you bottle directly from the original fermenter.

Latest posts

Back