Price for a 24 of BMC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfocus

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what's the price for a 24 pack of BMC where you're from.

In Quebec, there's a government monopoly (SAQ) for liquor stores (any hard liquor must be sold in their stores. Beer and cheap wine can be sold in supermarkets and corner stores) that also has laws about the lowest possible price for a 24 pack. And that is 22.34$ (all taxes included) usually for Bud, Labatt, Coors Light and Molson. (You can include tax or not, just say if you did or didn't).

Thanks.

Here in southeast NC, a 12pack of Miller High Life goes for $5.99 in cans and $6.49 in bottles. Bud and Coors go for more, like $1 more for cans and $1.50 more for bottles. That's without tax. Liquor is sold in State controlled ABC stores.

I have no idea what BMC goes for here (I haven't purchased any in years) but I know a 24 of Alexander Keiths IPA (bottles, not much better than BMC) goes for $35CAD including taxes and deposit.

Here mostly 12 or 24 packs of BMC, we only get 30's on the cheap brands... 12's are usually at least 9.99, and 24 packs are usually about 16.99.... 18 packs are catching on now too

30 of High Life or Keystone is 13.99 or higher here.

I can get a case of Old Style for around $12 if I remember correctly.

Mmmm, cheap cheap beer. I wonder how much it would go for if there were no taxation on the production/sale of alcohol... :confused:

brett said:
I can get a case of Old Style for around $12 if I remember correctly.

Mmmm, cheap cheap beer. I wonder how much it would go for if there were no taxation on the production/sale of alcohol... :confused:

Price out your ingredients if you were to buy them in bulk. Divide that cost in half. Add $5 per keg for transportation to a distribution center near you and I'd say that's a good estimate.

Natural Light 24 pack cans (which outsells everything else around here by at least 2:1) are $11-$14 after tax depending on where you get them. If you're going to 'upgrade' to Bud Light (2nd most popular) its $3-$5 more.

AB has mostly phased out 24 packs in my neck of the woods. It's either 18 for 14.99, or 30 for 18.99. Miller still offers them tho. Cases of Miller Lite have been running 14.99.

A 30 pack of Natty will run you, 11.99. I avert my eyes at The Beast and Busch Light.

The average price of a micro, or import sixer (a beer that actually tastes like something) 7.99

Ize

I have honestly never bought any.

I can get decent bottles of ale at around $2.40 so thats.
around $29 for 12 or $58 for 24 but that is 500ml bottles

bradsul said:
I have no idea what BMC goes for here (I haven't purchased any in years) but I know a 24 of Alexander Keiths IPA (bottles, not much better than BMC) goes for $35CAD including taxes and deposit.
Last I checked it was $38CAD here for Keith's in Nova Scotia. F'n outrageous, not that I care anymore - I'm never going back to the liquor store except for Vermouth.

Back