Pretty pictures (so close to being ready to brew)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajm163

Reaction score
New system is so close to being ready. Im going with a 2V electric setup the plan is to do full volume mashes with 20gallon kettles. most of the plumbing is done just need a couple more fittings to get the hoses trimed up and final. also need the mash tun that is out of stock but SS Brewtech tells me any day now (although they have been saying that for three weeks). But was able to start up at least he boil kettle this weekend and run some leak tests and test out the whirlpool and chiller. coming along just thought i would share

Attachments

• IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3083.jpg
    IMG_3083.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 270
Thanks... I keep going back and forth a 2h clone or a nice stout

Was not able to get a good whirlpool through my chiller so more fittings and valves and now I'm able to bypass the chiller when i need to for good whirlpool
IMG_3087.jpg

had the same issue trying to whirlpool off that chiller. i have a smaller kettle so it works some.

the two hoses kind of dangling on the left are the water lines to the chiller. they have quick connects to the hoses

That looks awfully complicated, an insulated pad for those kettles and Tun would reduce your conductance to the shiny bench and some pipe insulation as well.
It's lovely to look at though.

the boil kettle has a silicone mat under it and the mashtun is insulated. First brew on it a few days ago the table dident even get warm

Ive looked at the steam condenser lid. they use a lot of water. At least on the one batch i did i didn't really have a steam problem in the garage with the door open. i think working up a grant is the next major improvement. Had some problems with the mash sticking on the first batch

I'm indoors in my brew cave so the condenser has made an enormous difference, from a moisture, odour and energy saving. We don't have a water meter and water not in short supply here and I just spray the outflow on the vegetable patch which would get watered everyday anyway.
I do still need to fit a normal extractor in the wall but haven't had the chance yet.

Back