Pressue issue in Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for solutions or ideas you come up with!

My issue is once I finish carbonating my brew and set the regulator to a serving pressure (under 10psi) after a few hours the pressure will creep up some where between 10 - 12psi.

I can bleed off the extra pressure but then the beer is all foam and if I try and serve at 10psi it is mostly foam.

Here is a little back ground on my keezer. I have 3 regulators connected in series on the High Pressure side. Recently, I moved my co2 outside the unit because my local supply shop said I was some how getting liquid co2 inside the regulators and that was the reason for the pressures moving around.

If anyone needs more detail or would like to know my process for kegging let me know and I will post it.

Thanks again everyone

I think this is a pretty common issue with "normal" non-super regulators. I know I had this issue with mine for the first couple kegs but recently havent noticed it. I chalk it up to "letting the regulator regulate."

Dunno if that was the answer you were looking for but it has been my experience...

The only time I've had my regulator creep is when I've tried to speed carb a beer. The beer will off gas, even after venting as the pressure tries to equalize. The cure for me was to carb at serving pressure for 3 weeks and be patient.

Back