Preparing for Second Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkelman

Reaction score
Hi All,

There is some equipment I need to purchase before my second batch, and wanted to know if this is a well-recommended auto-siphon from Austin Homebrew. Does anyone use this and recommend it? It's the 3/8ths version.

Auto-Siphon-3.8-th.jpg

Also, I'm combining other items with my order to take advantage of the free shipping, so am including this St. Pauli Girl Dark clone. The options call for either a Wyeast Bavarian Lager 2206 or Fermentis Saflager S-23 Dry Lager Yeast, yeast fuel and alcohol boost. I don't know enough about this yet, but is there a better yeast I should use and should I bother with that other stuff?

Yes, get the auto siphon, I use it often, before I had mine, I would spend 20-30 min.s priming with beer or vodka so that I wouldn't have to start it be sucking on it. Now racking is soooo much easier, keep it clean, keep it out of sunlight (gets brittle), away from heat sources and your good to go.....can't speak of your other questions on other products....

Just got my auto siphon a few weeks ago - it's great. I never had too much problems with the regular siphon set up, but this makes things a lot easier.

Thanks guys. I really struggled with siphoning manually, so am really glad that auto-siphon is so highly recommended.

Regarding the extract recipe, can anyone recommend an easy way to modify it, just for the experience? Again, being so new to this I don't know what I could tweak, but I'd like to do something different from the recipe.

Back