Preferred Carbonation Level

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfonnes

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the level of carbonation that people like varies from region to region. I wonder if we could prove/disprove that here on HBT.

I like low carbonation. Perhaps that is why cask ale (real ale) is my favorite. My wife however likes higher carbonation, she can even drink coke/pepsi without putting water in it.

How much carbonation do you like and where do you live?

High carbonation here. Never heard of people watering down sodas. I try to drink them fast before the ice ruins them. I also usually try to carb beers around 2.7 or more.

I just prefer to carbonate to style. I don't want a spritzy English ale, and I don't like a flat Belgian. Most beers have a small range of carbonation levels where they taste the best.

Add me to the list of people who have never heard of people watering down soda.

On topic: I'm on the West Coast and prefer most of my beers in the 2.5 - 2.6 range.

I just prefer to carbonate to style. I don't want a spritzy English ale, and I don't like a flat Belgian. Most beers have a small range of carbonation levels where they taste the best.

Ditto! Carb to style or to suit the character of the individual beer.

also never heard of watering down soda. that's weird.

I also prefer to carb to style here in the great lakes region. That way,you get the proper taste balance from the carbonation./malt/hop levels designed into them.

Latest posts

Back