Post if you're brewing today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The porter's in the carboy and almost everything is put away. Didn't get hit with any rain so that's a plus. Though I did make a couple mistakes today - forgot the Irish Moss and forgot to take a gravity sample. :eek:

Oh well.. guess I'll have to brew again tomorrow. Practice makes perfect, right?

we did a raspberry wheat today. First time I will try fruit in beer. Of course it has to wait for the fruit, so it will eventually be a fruit beer. OG 1.064!

still tossing around frozen fruit or puree. anyone have any major preference between the two?

I think I'll be done and cleaned up in about 6.5 hours, including the trip to the LHBS before I got going. 1st one was a partial mash, then while it boiled I steeped the grains for the 2nd one (extract + specialty).

It wound up being 9:45 to 4:45 (7 hours) to drive to the LHBS (30 minutes each way), get ingredients for 2 recipes, and brew.

Having 2 brew kettles and having the ingredients on hand in the morning would each shave off more than an hour, but it was still a fine day. I made slow-roasted chicken BBQ during the day, too. SWMBO works 9-5 on Saturday, so I basically dropped her off, went to LHBS, brewed 2 batches, and had dinner on the table when she got home.

First time brewing w/o her, though, so that was a little odd.

Brewed up another batch of Orange/Cascades. Took about 4 or 5 hours. Not many curve balls. I cant wait till its drinkable in a few months

Just brewed my first Hydromel/Braggot

6.5lbs of blueberry honey, 1lb pale liquid extract.
Threw in 1/3rd oz of Saaz during the pasteurization and filtered them out in the carboy
Balanced the pH to 4.2 with 1 & 1/2 tsp malic acid
OG : 1.052

Gearing up to aerate the bugger. Pitching the activated WYeast American ale yeast in 1 hour.

Was looking for domestic beer drinkability with the exquisite flavor of honey.
Very excited about this one. Going to be very light in color. Had wonderful notes of sweet blueberry and the saaz comes through as a subtle zingy spice aftertaste

Put 5 gallons of Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde in the primary 3 hours ago (2nd AG, first was last weekend!)

Mashing a Flying Dog inspired pale ale right now and I'll be racking and dry hopping another pale ale as well.

Got 10 minutes left on the boil of my Oatmeal Stout. Racked an AB clone to the Secondary and washed the yeast from that yesterday. It's been a good brewing weekend so far.

All this while tending to Wifey after surgery on her hip.:mug:

Just mashed in on an American Lager. Had some requests for it and I'm up to the challenge.

Back