Portland thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too excited about this year's 3 Way, and frankly, a little disappointed based on the breweries involved. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm probably not buying as much of this as I usually do.

The one caveat is that I'm drinking it on tap. Interested to see if there's any difference with ty he cans.

I very much have enjoyed the cans. Feel its pretty o.g.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I hear what he's saying... but for the most part, a 4 pack of a hazy is now pushing $20. ****ing insane.
3way is, what, $14? Yeah, I'm all over it all summer. Even better with the dry hop variants. Way to still somehow separate yourselves.
Good point on the cost. Need to keep that in perspective

I've had the new 3-Way on draft & in a can now. I like it. It's not the best one (bring back 2014, plz), but I'll drink my share this summer. I also don't consider it a hazy. It's cloudy, but it's not OJ/chicken stock/gravy. And, at least IMO, the body/mouthfeel is nothing like a hazy (no chalkiness or hop burn). Yes, the flavor is kinda juicy, but there's a good lingering hop bite in the finish.

I've had the new 3-Way on draft & in a can now. I like it. It's not the best one (bring back 2014, plz), but I'll drink my share this summer. I also don't consider it a hazy. It's cloudy, but it's not OJ/chicken stock/gravy. And, at least IMO, the body/mouthfeel is nothing like a hazy (no chalkiness or hop burn). Yes, the flavor is kinda juicy, but there's a good lingering hop bite in the finish.

Agree about this distinction, was just talking about this with someone yesterday. Also, price is key.

That sounds exactly like a Cloudburst IPA which was my takeaway from some beta batches at Latona Pub.

Stopped at Chuck’s today for some new Mirage cans and just missed out on draft 3-Way. The keg blew right before I got there. Cans hitting Seattle next week.

RIP Tin Bucket. Last day is tomorrow.

As I predicted. Tin Bucket used to be one of the most reasonably priced places in Portland, but lately became one of the most expensive. Hopefully the new business model will bring in more customers. Not something I'm interested in though.

Another bachelor party request... where would be a decent place for dinner that could accommodate 10? Good taplist would be a bonus, but not required. We’ll be brewery and bar hopping all day so focus would be on the food at that point and getting everyone together.

Also planning a day trip to the coast/Tillamook. We want to grill steaks at our airbnb one night, is there anywhere out that way that we should be buying steaks from? Or just buy somewhere in Portland? Thanks!

Another bachelor party request... where would be a decent place for dinner that could accommodate 10? Good taplist would be a bonus, but not required. We’ll be brewery and bar hopping all day so focus would be on the food at that point and getting everyone together.

Also planning a day trip to the coast/Tillamook. We want to grill steaks at our airbnb one night, is there anywhere out that way that we should be buying steaks from? Or just buy somewhere in Portland? Thanks!

10 is getting up there, but Andina, Nostrana, Nel Centro, Irving Street Kitchen, Jake's, and Ringside will all accommodate larger groups. Maybe not 10, but it couldn't hurt to ask Higgins (one of the OG farm to table beer spots) or maybe Departure. I know Deschutes and/or Von Ebert in the Pearl can definitely handle those numbers, but obviously call ahead.

For steaks, stop here on your way out to Tillamook: https://meatingplacepdx.com

10 is getting up there, but Andina, Nostrana, Nel Centro, Irving Street Kitchen, Jake's, and Ringside will all accommodate larger groups. Maybe not 10, but it couldn't hurt to ask Higgins (one of the OG farm to table beer spots) or maybe Departure. I know Deschutes and/or Von Ebert in the Pearl can definitely handle those numbers, but obviously call ahead.

For steaks, stop here on your way out to Tillamook: https://meatingplacepdx.com

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I haven’t been to Portland in a few years so looking forward to checking out some of the new places. Reading the last few pages has me pumped.

Any tips on beaches/coastal towns to hit up? Preferably within 2 hour drive from Portland, and not too far from Tillamook. Heard good things about the Pacific City Pelican brewpub, but is there much else to do around there? Cannon worth the drive? Ideally would like to do some beach chilling, kayaking or maybe sime hiking. Plan is to drive out to the coast somewhere early, then drive back to PDX through Tillamook sometime in the 3-7pm window De Garde is open. I think I went to Cape Lookout last time, but wasn’t much going on-other than being ridiculously pretty.

Hey y’all. Is there a good comprehensive post y’all can point me to that breaks down what is essential beer and food and fun wise in Portland? I’ll be up in August. Sorry for the lame tourist post!

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I haven’t been to Portland in a few years so looking forward to checking out some of the new places. Reading the last few pages has me pumped.

Any tips on beaches/coastal towns to hit up? Preferably within 2 hour drive from Portland, and not too far from Tillamook. Heard good things about the Pacific City Pelican brewpub, but is there much else to do around there? Cannon worth the drive? Ideally would like to do some beach chilling, kayaking or maybe sime hiking. Plan is to drive out to the coast somewhere early, then drive back to PDX through Tillamook sometime in the 3-7pm window De Garde is open. I think I went to Cape Lookout last time, but wasn’t much going on-other than being ridiculously pretty.

Twist Wine in Pacific City if you're hankering for some Russian River hops on tap.

Hey y’all. Is there a good comprehensive post y’all can point me to that breaks down what is essential beer and food and fun wise in Portland? I’ll be up in August. Sorry for the lame tourist post!
Same question. Been a couple years for me. Commons was still Commons. I'll be there this Friday - Monday. Welcome any tips. I know I'll do Hair of the Dog and Apex. Also loved Upright. Food recs would be awesome too. Just nowhere there's a long ass wait.

Same question. Been a couple years for me. Commons was still Commons. I'll be there this Friday - Monday. Welcome any tips. I know I'll do Hair of the Dog and Apex. Also loved Upright. Food recs would be awesome too. Just nowhere there's a long ass wait.

There's a good one over at that other site. You know. The B to the A. Visiting Portland thread in the PNW forum.

Breakside
Ruse
Little Beast
Upright
Ex Novo
Wayfinder
Culmination
Belmont Station
Damn. Almost forgot about Belmont. Would have been pissed if I missed that. Love that place. I used to go up all the time. It's been too long...

Back