Poppet issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamw

Reaction score
I kegged a raspberry wheat the other day, and now having issues. Particles of raspberry keep clogging my poppet. I don't have another keg available to transfer to and the beer is for a party tonight!

Is it possible to take the spring out of the poppet and serve that way? That way I have a bigger area to flow through and less chance of clogs; just raspberry pieces in the beer, which I can live with.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

You could. You will have to depressurize the keg very slowly to avoid any foaming up or loss of beer. And then move quickly to get the post off then back on.

Good thought on the plunger from the qd. I would have been frustrated trying to figure that one out.

Thanks!

Perhaps next time, consider attaching a piece of cheese cloth to the bottom end of the liquid out dip tube, to act as a filter for the larger debris.

Definitely will. I thought about doing the same to my auto siphon prior to kegging, then decided against it. Mistake for sure

Back