Pomegranate Cyser, what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indytruks138

Reaction score
This is the receipe I made up last night with the wife, hopefully it will turn out well.

3 Gallons Organic unfiltered Apple juice
1.5 Gallons Organic Apple Cider
52 oz pomegranate Juice
1.5 lbs Wild Desert Honey mixed with .5 gallons warm water
1 tbs Yeast Nutrient

Mixed it all up, put it in the carboy, added the Wyeast Dry Cider yeast.

Already bubbling away this morning.

I think I am going to try and backsweeten slightly with more pom juice, add bottling sugar, test the bottles until carbed well, then pastuerize with the stovetop method. I do all grain brewing but this is my first attemp at cider. Any tips or do you think it will turn out good?

Why do you use 3 Gallons Organic unfiltered Apple juice AND 1.5 Gallons Organic Apple Cider? What is the advantage over using all apple juice or all apple cider?

Why do you use 3 Gallons Organic unfiltered Apple juice AND 1.5 Gallons Organic Apple Cider? What is the advantage over using all apple juice or all apple cider?

Not sure there is an advantage. I wanted to try a little of each. After reading a lot of the posts people seem to have started using 100% cider and then eventually just move to juice b/c its slightly cheaper. As my first attempt I figured I'd do a little of column a, a little column b.

For a cyser you might want to increase the honey to at least 2lbs/gallon (total of 6lbs).
Regards, GF.

I really was just going for cider but wanted to add some honey and read adding honey to cider = cyser, if there is a percentage to reach to truly be cyser, I am more than happy to call this cider(I would call it cider to anyone off this board anyways).

After reading a lot of the posts people seem to have started using 100% cider and then eventually just move to juice b/c its slightly cheaper. As my first attempt I figured I'd do a little of column a, a little column b.

In the fall I can get fresh pressed cider pretty cheap from the cider house.

Back