Pokémon Go Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried getting to 19 last night without an egg. Didn't make it. :(

Hopefully I will have time to look around Chicago this weekend and get some Ks and maybe grab a couple new Pokes.

Tried getting to 19 last night without an egg. Didn't make it. :(

Hopefully I will have time to look around Chicago this weekend and get some Ks and maybe grab a couple new Pokes.

Chicago has some good stuff. I've had good luck on the Lakefront Trail, starting near Navy Pier and heading north. Caught an Omanyte and a wild Blastoise last night. Lots of water types, obviously.

Drowzee, Jynx, and Ghastly downtown in the inner loop.

Oh, and I hear there's some decent beer too ;) have a good trip

Chicago has some good stuff. I've had good luck on the Lakefront Trail, starting near Navy Pier and heading north. Caught an Omanyte and a wild Blastoise last night. Lots of water types, obviously.

Drowzee, Jynx, and Ghastly downtown in the inner loop.

Oh, and I hear there's some decent beer too ;) have a good trip

Thanks! Not sure what all I'll be doing, but I am considering going back to Dry Hop brewers. Had a real nice time with Pappers and his wife there before. Good food too.

It would be neat to check out some other cool little place too. Maybe something closer to the airport...

Almost caught a Charmander near my house last night. My neighborhood is practically a dead zone. Unfortunately, despite using several Raspberries, he ran off after a couple tries. :(

Almost caught a Charmander near my house last night. My neighborhood is practically a dead zone. Unfortunately, despite using several Raspberries, he ran off after a couple tries. :(

The worst.

I have yet to see a Charmander

Yeah, it's funny, there's a spot around here where I've found 4 or 5, all pretty strong. There's a buncha stuff that never shows up around here though...

hatched a polliwag today and now have enough candies to evolve it. Im going to wait until I have enough pokemon to evolve to effectively use another lucky egg.

I've been marking ones ready to evolve as favorites. Makes it easy to count how many are ready to go.

It feels like forever since I've gotten a 10k egg. For a while, I seemed to always have one. Now none for a few weeks at least

to figure out the number you can evolve on one lucky egg? I know I'm nowhere close haha. I just used one recently and evolved about 40 pokemon.

Kind of, but my spreadsheet takes into account the following.
Number of pokemon in inventory
Number required to evolve
Rounded down
Amount of xp per evolution x lucky egg multiplier
Amount of xp required per leveling

It feels like forever since I've gotten a 10k egg. For a while, I seemed to always have one. Now none for a few weeks at least

I am level 21 (as of a few minutes ago), and I have only ever got two 10k eggs. I would prefer 2k instead of 5k because I can hatch them regularly and you get a lot of additional candies of whatever you hatched. I'd rather hatch two 2k than one 5k.

I am level 21 (as of a few minutes ago), and I have only ever got two 10k eggs. I would prefer 2k instead of 5k because I can hatch them regularly and you get a lot of additional candies of whatever you hatched. I'd rather hatch two 2k than one 5k.

Disagree. I'd rather get a Snorlax than 5 caterpies

Disagree. I'd rather get a Snorlax than 5 caterpies

Depends on what you're after I suppose. If you get 5 caterpies and 15 candies per hatch that would give you 75 candies + 5 candies for transfers leaving you 80 candies in the bank. At 12 candies per evolution (?) that translates to six evolutions. With a lucky egg you are at 2000xp per evolution so you are talking 12,000xp.

Snorlax versus 12,000xp

There is nothing worse to me than walking 2K and hatching a...Ratata or Weedle. The only good eggs I have gotten are from 5k or higher.

My strategy is to only hatch 2k eggs in the infinite incubator, saving the 3x incubators for 5k and 10k eggs. That way the 3x incubators are never wasted.

I have gotten a lot of Pokedex entries with the 5k and 10k eggs, although no Snorlax yet :(

I thought each evolution was only 1000

Yes that is correct; however, do not evolve unless you are dropping a lucky egg. When you use the lucky egg you double your XP gains on everything for 30 minutes: evolutions, egg hatches, captures, etc.

Thus a 1000xp evolution turns into a 2000xp evolution. This is why many people bank their Pokemon until they can evolve extensively.

There is nothing worse to me than walking 2K and hatching a...Ratata or Weedle. The only good eggs I have gotten are from 5k or higher.

My strategy is to only hatch 2k eggs in the infinite incubator, saving the 3x incubators for 5k and 10k eggs. That way the 3x incubators are never wasted.

I have gotten a lot of Pokedex entries with the 5k and 10k eggs, although no Snorlax yet :(

I agree as well about the 2k eggs; however, if I had a 2k egg I would love a weedle. That's a 2000xp hatch + some extra candies. If you are trying to level your character this would be the best outcome (or a caterpie or pidgey).

Yes that is correct; however, do not evolve unless you are dropping a lucky egg. When you use the lucky egg you double your XP gains on everything for 30 minutes: evolutions, egg hatches, captures, etc.

Thus a 1000xp evolution turns into a 2000xp evolution. This is why many people bank their Pokemon until they can evolve extensively.

Weird. I must not have been paying attention. I thought a normal evolution was 500 and a lucky egg was 1000

can anyone download the buddy Pokemon update? The website says it as released on the 10th, but my app won't update.

Just checked and 0.35.0 is the latest version and in the Google Play store the latest update does not include anything buddy system related.

@Zuljin, what makes you think your wife has it?

Just checked and 0.35.0 is the latest version and in the Google Play store the latest update does not include anything buddy system related.

@Zuljin, what makes you think your wife has it?

She was all struttin around with her ivysaur buddy.

She got me the hook up. DL from the Pokémon website. Playsore didn't have it yet.

She was all struttin around with her ivysaur buddy.

She got me the hook up. DL from the Pokémon website. Playsore didn't have it yet.

The pokemon website doesn't have it. Just make sure you downloaded it from a reputable apk hosting site otherwise it could be a hacked version with malware installed.

I will wait for it to be on google play myself.

Back