PM in bag is kind of a pain in the @$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
I move from extract to ag 3 batches ago. all of them i use a mash tun. Last night i brew the NB PM kit Lambic grand cru using a bag and a kettle in the oven. I hit 1.043 out of 1.045 so not bad. But i had a hard time keeping the temp at the right spot. My ovens lowest setting is 200 F. My strainer was falling in the boil kettle when i was sparging. I think is was just all kinda new but im ganna use my mash tun next time.

When I did pm in a bag I just did it on a stove top but id rather do it in a mash tun for sure

If you already have a mash tun and have used it for all grain, why didnt you use it for the PM?

vince805 said:
If you already have a mash tun and have used it for all grain, why didnt you use it for the PM?

I wanted to try it in a bag just to see. I know now I don't realy like it in the bag. I like to try new things from time to time.

Back