Plug our Bung!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
Make sure you plug up your hole before you put your carboy away for winter. This guy must of fell in recently, he still had all his fur and stank a good amount. I couldnt shake him out so I had to float him out
198582_644112870699_21805395_35154047_4430505_n_1_.jpg

Poor little guy. But I think the moral of this particular story is to keep utilizing your fermenting vessels to prevent such things. A full carboy is a happy carboy.

This carboy was in its box with the flaps kinda open, so my guess is he was walking on the flap and slipped in.

I was thinking "Drunken Mouse Hefeweizen" As it was a hefe that went into this carboy after it was sanitized multiple times.

I like the Floating Rodent idea. Floating Rodent Brewing. Maybe "Dead Guy Wheat" ...oh wait..I think thats taken lol.

I totally like Floating Rodent.

+1 to keeping em full all winter. but when not in use i have foil over carboy opening to prevent such things.

Latest posts

Back