Please check my equipment setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pkrd

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi.

Can someone tell me which way is correct?
I'm brewing in the southern hemisphere and I'm a Sagittarius.

Thanks

Airlock - 2.jpg
Airlock - 1.jpg

The first one would be nice for you down under brewers, we prefer the latter. It all comes to gravity. If the beer tends to leak through the airlock, you may need to turn the whole bucket upside down. Please keep us informed how it turns out ;)

Last edited:
Been waiting but no one has mentioned it, the air lock is backwards man, unplayable man just down right un playable /s

Been waiting but no one has mentioned it, the air lock is backwards man, unplayable man just down right un playable /s

Which one is backwards?
North is to the right.

Please show your working.

Bonus marks for referencing the coriolis force.

Extra for pointing out it’s not a force at all.

As a Libra, I can't offer much advice since we can never seem to make up our minds. However, as a flat earth belieber (Damn I love Justin Bieber!) I can tell you that there is no such thing as hemispheres, solar or lunar eclipses, seasons, tides, day or night so there will certainly be ZERO difference in cooking beer in your bathtub regardless of what country you live in. Hope this was some help to you. Cheers! :mug: :bott:

Sorry..... but it looks like the Urine Specimen they took from me at work in the latest round of random drug testing...... Not enough info provided to allow much feedback but I can guarantee that it looks "Infection Free"... :yes:

You have to point it in the opposite direction that the carbon dioxide is flowing. There is a nice meter on Amazon that attaches to your phone, so you can test for that. Unless you have reverse ray spectacles.

I'm a Leo, and no airlock is complete until you stuff the grommet so far into the hole that it falls into the bucket, to the point you have to dig around and find another one, all the time swearing profusely. And dog hair stuck to the side is A MUST. Or your beer will fail dramatically, your friends will shun you, and small children will point at you in the street and giggle.

Back