plastic pint glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balto charlie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I want to move away from the disposable red drinking cups. I am looking to buy some nice plastic non-disposable pint glasses for poolside homebrew consumption. What are folks using? I need to buy a bunch for parties but don't want to break the bank.

Just trying to help clean up our planet,
Thanks

Thanks guys
I am impressed with the Bcups but a tad pricey. The Tossware looks like a keeper.
Stainless steel, probably pricey and can't see my beer
Silipint, looks cool but I like to see my beer
Sam's cups are a clear version of the red ones and people partying will just throw them away.

At this point Tossware has a lead into the last turn

I can highly recommend Tossware products. I have the 4 oz tasters that I take to shares. Several friends have bought them after seeing mine. I also have the 12 oz version for drinking at home after breaking one too many snifters. I've reused them many many times and still look great.

I bought these nice plastic cups that looked like glass. One day a friend of my wife helping to clean up used a scratch cleaning pad on one and ruined it with well scratched surface. I found the same in glass at the dollar store. Will never use plastic again.

I stop in my local Goodwill store now and then. Beer glassware is a common item that is donated. They're so cheap I even I even take them camping.

we have stainless and insulated plastic to drink out of if we're in the pool . Beer tastes better out of glass , thats what our poolside bar is for. Leave it on the bar.

I use stainless steel for this purpose and they are awesome. Also for certain brews like my blonde where I prefer it colder longer, the stainless steel does the trick.

Swim in the Pool, drink at the patio...mmmk. BUT if you must drink and piss in the pool, get the ones that have a freezable liner, so you are not sipping warm swill. I mean how long can a beer last on a hot day in or about the pool?

Life’s to short to try cleaning clear broken glass out of a pool.

If that's your prime concern then you might want to look at titanium glass like Schott's Tritan which is supposedly shatterproof and certainly much tougher than regular glass. It's mostly found in wineglasses (which are let's face it a lot easier to break) and it's not cheap but Schott do use it in beer glasses :

https://www.wineware.co.uk/glassware/schott-zwiesel/beer-basic/

That was just on a quick Google; Schott are not the only one to make titanium glass, but I'm not sure who else uses it for beer glasses.

Fyi though.
Walmart has the yeti knockoff ss mugs with lids and available handles.
Also, harbor freights ss insulated lidded tumblers are very good at keeping beverages at whatever temperature you put in it.

If that's your prime concern then you might want to look at titanium glass like Schott's Tritan which is supposedly shatterproof and certainly much tougher than regular glass. It's mostly found in wineglasses (which are let's face it a lot easier to break) and it's not cheap but Schott do use it in beer glasses :

https://www.wineware.co.uk/glassware/schott-zwiesel/beer-basic/

That was just on a quick Google; Schott are not the only one to make titanium glass, but I'm not sure who else uses it for beer glasses.

I had one of those and it broke. I don't remember exactly what happened, but another glass hit the edge of it and it broke just like a normal glass.

I said "certainly much tougher" not invincible. But certainly with what I've seen of the wine glasses they survive being thrown around in a way that would be good enough for normal purposes.

Latest posts

Back