Plans for the Spring season?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vav

Reaction score
My goal for this "Season" is consistency. I've yet to brew the same thing twice, always trying for new and interested recipes.

Now, i've formulated a nice, easy, low gravity session British style pale ale i plan to brew multiple times. This way, i've have a tasty pale ale all the time, and i can tweak my variables for consitency.

What are your brewing goals for 09?

This spring, I want to figure out how to maximize my use of grains (i.e. minimize my use of extracts) without purchasing expensive new equipment. I am also aiming to move away from kits and instead refine my recipes for Koelsch, Bitter and Witbier.

I am hoping that before the end of the year, I'll be able to get into brewing meads and sour beers.

my goal for 09 is to brew more beer. I only did 20 gallons in 08 which is, to me, not nearly enough. I guess it doesn't help that I moved like 5 times last year...

my goal for 09 is to brew more beer. I only did 20 gallons in 08 which is, to me, not nearly enough. I guess it doesn't help that I moved like 5 times last year...

Heh, i did 15 gallons in 08, so i'm gunna try and step it up too :mug:

My immediate goal is to do a lager before it starts to warm up. Have not done any lagers yet and am hoping I am able to with just a cold basement and son of fermentation chamber.

My immediate goal is to do a lager before it starts to warm up. Have not done any lagers yet and am hoping I am able to with just a cold basement and son of fermentation chamber.

I've been wanting to do a lager for quite awhile as well. I've been seeing a lot of chest freezers on craigslist real cheap that would be great for lagering, but I am moving again in June so I don't wanna move something like that in, only to move it right out again. Hopefully after I move...

I have five tried and true recipes -- Porter, Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen, Brewfest Marzen and Kolsch.
This year, I am expanding into Altbier, Saison and Lambic.

Yes, I do favor The German Beers. With Porter and Milk Stouts running a close second and third.

My Brewfest Marzen will go into kegs in March, locked away and saved for consumption in October :)
Competition brews are already bubbling away, and the Christmas 2009 Imperial Chocolate Stout is on deck for brewing next week.

I'd brew more if I didn't have to work :(

Latest posts

Back