Plan Bee Farm Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh MikeG...
I just sent you this on BA, but look at the time stamps and compare them to when you sent me the message on BA. The joke was formulated before you even posted the message. Let me know if you need me to explain the definition of a joke. Maybe my buddy CaptiveOdyssey can help out as well.
Screen_Shot_2015_02_19_at_4_47_26_PM.png

Is it wrong I feel hosed? Initial email sent at 8:23, received details at 8:27, sent intent of confirmation at 8:45, never received a follow up email....

Oh MikeG...
I just sent you this on BA, but look at the time stamps and compare them to when you sent me the message on BA. The joke was formulated before you even posted the message. Let me know if you need me to explain the definition of a joke. Maybe my buddy CaptiveOdyssey can help out as well.
Screen_Shot_2015_02_19_at_4_47_26_PM.png
Seeing how your "joke" was received on BA - looks like you should work on your comedy.

MikeG, I want to let everyone know one more thing. Did you tell them all that you sent the joke post to Plan Bee to maybe try and get me kicked out (probably with the hope of getting the spot for yourself because you did such a noble thing). That's pretty sad.

The joke wasn't for anyone but myself and the beer guys I know that appreciate a good troll post. Most people on BA take beer way to serious, kind of like you.

MikeG, I want to let everyone know one more thing. Did you tell them all that you sent the joke post to Plan Bee to maybe try and get me kicked out (probably with the hope of getting the spot for yourself because you did such a noble thing). That's pretty sad.

The joke wasn't for anyone but myself and the beer guys I know that appreciate a good troll post. Most people on BA take beer way to serious, kind of like you.
ess6W8Q.gif

My email to Plan Bee was titled "Look at this *******". I informed them that someone who they just granted a membership to was trying to flip it, yes, in hopes that a spot would open up for someone who would actually drink the beer. Why is that such a bad thing? People report ******** to breweries all the time that cut the line, wear disguises to buy more than one allotment, and hire mules.

I will make sure to send you a picture of me drinking everyone of the releases, MikeG. The subject of the email will be "******* enjoying his Plan Bee Membership Beers". I hope you get a membership in the fall once they open it back up, so we can meet up at a release! :)

I will make sure to send you a picture of me drinking everyone of the releases, MikeG. The subject of the email will be "******* enjoying his Plan Bee Membership Beers". I hope you get a membership in the fall once they open it back up, so we can meet up at a release! :)

You do realize that the membership doesn't mean that non-members won't be able to buy their beers too, right?

figures that the one day I don't get online till the evening is the day a brewery I love posts a membership early in the morning and I miss it...
:oops:

figures that the one day I don't get online till the evening is the day a brewery I love posts a membership early in the morning and I miss it...
:oops:
Nic would you plan on driving up to New York once a month to grab your bottles? That would be INSANE

Nic would you plan on driving up to New York once a month to grab your bottles? That would be INSANE
I'd figure that part out, but with a few friends up there who do go to PB regularly I'm sure I could have gotten maybe 1 of them to help trustee

Definitely not gonna miss out on joining when membership opens back up in the fall. I work Saturdays and hafta rely on friends to pick up special release bottles, membership would be so much better.

Congrats to all who got picked, enjoy!

Won't be long before the Poughkeepsie farm is up and running and more Plan Bee will be available for everyone.

Narcissus was really good, but I liked Tree Beer even more. Wonderful oak character.

Anyone know if they will be at the Beacon Farmers Market on Fathers Day (June 21st)? Have a wedding in northern Jersey the day before, and figured I'd check out the market the following morning.

Last edited:
Anyone know if they will be at the Beacon Farmers Market on Fathers Day (June 21st)? Have a wedding in northern Jersey the day before for a wedding, and figured I'd check out the market the following morning.

Tough to say...they will generally announce a few days before. Won't hurt to reach out directly, I'm sure. They're super-friendly and always happy to provide info when needed.

Then again, I believe this is Evan's first Father's Day as a dad.....so you never know.

Tough to say...they will generally announce a few days before. Won't hurt to reach out directly, I'm sure. They're super-friendly and always happy to provide info when needed.

Then again, I believe this is Evan's first Father's Day as a dad.....so you never know.
Yeah, that was my thinking. I had a great conversation with him at Sour'd last year, and hands down one of the nicest people I've ever had the chance to meet. If not, hopefully he brings more bottles to Sour'd again this year. Thanks!

Yeah, that was my thinking. I had a great conversation with him at Sour'd last year, and hands down one of the nicest people I've ever had the chance to meet. If not, hopefully he brings more bottles to Sour'd again this year. Thanks!
Sam I'll hook you up with some Plan Bee if you want

Got an email back from Emily, and they plan on being there as of now. Any other TB'ers going? Think I'm gonna hit DeCicco's Armonk after for a brew or two before heading to my Uncles place in Mt. Kisco.

Thinking about hitting up the farmer's market tomorrow with the family. Looks like there's some Karnl and Dandelion left. Any idea how the last few farmer's market releases have been? People still showing up hours in advance?

Got an email back from Emily, and they plan on being there as of now. Any other TB'ers going? Think I'm gonna hit DeCicco's Armonk after for a brew or two before heading to my Uncles place in Mt. Kisco.
Might see ya there, Sam. Will talk to the wife this week and let ya know what time...

Generally, when is a good time to show up to actually be able to get beer? I'll be staying an hour from the market, and likely pretty hungover from the wedding I'm attending the night before. I have no issue leaving at 7am if that's what it takes. Beerontwowheels can we chug some Schramms that morning? ;)

Generally, when is a good time to show up to actually be able to get beer? I'll be staying an hour from the market, and likely pretty hungover from the wedding I'm attending the night before. I have no issue leaving at 7am if that's what it takes. Beerontwowheels can we chug some Schramms that morning? ;)
So long as you brought some!

You don't need to be there that early. Show up 20 minutes before the market opens. Unfortunately I'll be out of town this weekend :(

Back