Pin-lock "to" Pin-lock conversion question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

initnull

Reaction score
Hi, i currently own 6 kegs, 3 Firestone R pin-lock and 3 Cornelius R pin-lock. Has anyone ever tried to convert the firestone keg posts to cornelius keg posts ? The cornelius posts seems to fit well on the firestone kegs even if they are slightly bigger.

Data:

Cornelius R (pin lock)
Gas 19/32" - 18 (2-pin)
Liquid 19/32" - 18 (3-pin)

Firestone A, Firestone R, John Wood RA, John Wood RC (pin lock)
Gas 9/16" - 18 (2-pin)
Liquid 9/16" - 18 (3-pin)

OK I'll bite, why would you want to do this? I would not recommend this as you could damage the threads or they might not seal. Basically it comes down to why?

Why not just buy quick disconnect swivel nuts and swap back and forth between ball and pin? They are like $2

Why not just buy quick disconnect swivel nuts and swap back and forth between ball and pin? They are like $2

They are all pin lock kegs, the post threads are just different. I am guessing it is so OP won't have to worry when disassembling multiple kegs to keep the firestone/corny post seperate or go through the hassle of measuring each one with a vernier to make sure it is the right size (unless he has already disassembled the kegs and the real question is can I slap any post anywhere - or some of the post are damaged and the firestone/corny ones are 3x the price)
If it is just to make it easier when cleaning multiple kegs see if you can get some coloured o-rings and use one colour for firestone and another for corny.
But I am jumping the gun really so I will sit back and wait to here from OP :)

Back