Pigs Ear Brown from NH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhowe007

Reaction score
Does anybody have a recipe for Pigs Ear Brown from the NH based Woodstock Inn and Brewery? It's sort of like The Sheds Mountain Ale in Stowe, VT but a little drier and slightly more nuanced (if I remember the Mountain Ale correctly).

All grain preferred but I can convert if somebody has an extract recipe.

I have nothing to add other than I loved this beer when I went to Laconia a couple years ago
Laconia012.jpg

I'd love to hear the details if you get a solid clone recipe together...Pig's Ear is my favorite brown ale of all time (well, so far....)

I know this is an old thread, but just wondering if anybody happened to come up with a recipe for this clone? Pig's Ear is SWMBO's favorite beer and I wanted to brew it for her 30th bday!

I recently received a can of this and was quickly reminded how much I love (and miss) this beer. Living in TN now, it is hard to come by. Looking for a recipe as well. I may just take a stab at it and see what happens.

Been thinking of contacting the brewery for tips, will report back if I find anything out.

Latest posts

Back