PID not turning on SSR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmendlik

Reaction score
I have an Auber Syl 2352 PID and a 4" K type thermocouple (Auber as well) I had an electrician wire up a control box for me and now cant figure out why my SSR wont power up from the PID. I tested the SSR and it works and the PID has the green out LED lit up but there is no DC output. Is there a setting that I am missing in the PID that will allow this out put? I have disconnected the SSR from the PID and read the voltage at the output terminals on the PID and it reads 0 VDC. Currently all my settings on the PID are as per the manual except for the ALM1 (set to 170) ALM2 (set to 70), HY1 (set to 3), HY (set to 2). Thanks for the help!

Pic of your wiring? Is it like the cheap PIDs that need to have two terminals jumpered?

Sound like the electrician wired the Alarm or Relay output to the SSR instead of the SSR output.

I don't have an Auber, but I bet there is a document that came with it explaining all of the settings. My MyPin did, you only need to be able to understand Chinese to English by a Korean educated in Japan to understand it. I did figure it out, after a while.

You could try this link:
http://auberins.com/images/Manual/SYL-2352_manual.pdf

FWIW, I just went through a similar thing today while building my new panel. Turned out to be a polarity thing. I don't use contactors, but that is another place to look if you do. I also forgot to flip the DPST switch that I use instead of a contactor.

I am having the guy that wired it draw a diagram for me so I can post it, according to the manual it doesn't need the terminals jumped.

I am going to check and see if he wired the alarm or relay to the SSR and not the SSR output. I believe I checked it before but it is wroth checking again. I am not home right now to check. Hopefully it is that simple!

Back