PicoBrew Pico users

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PicoFerm & Pulse app... has anyone tried the beta? How is the fermentation monitor integrated to the app? Can it be used with the keg smart as well?

On Apple TestFlight only I believe for beta testers for now until bugs are ironed out. There’s no official features list?

Are there any Sam's Club members that could check the current price and availability online? They require a membership to see the price and I don't want to sign up first since there is no store in my state. Thanks.

Are there any Sam's Club members that could check the current price and availability online? They require a membership to see the price and I don't want to sign up first since there is no store in my state. Thanks.

$688 with a 100 gift card for future pico paks.

Wow did the price go up? I thought they were on par with Costco which had them for 299 for a while. It was the S model but still worth the investment. At the moment it is not listed on Costco website.

Wow did the price go up? I thought they were on par with Costco which had them for 299 for a while. It was the S model but still worth the investment. At the moment it is not listed on Costco website.

$688 was for the S also. Didn't realize they were going for $299. That's a steal.

I grabbed one from Costco when I saw it, 320 out the door, I thought I saw that Sams had them for 399 with the 100 coupon before though. Will have to track that back down to make sure.

in store

Attachments

• IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
Well you can’t argue with that. Good deal if anyone is looking to pick one up. If the store near you doesn’t have it for that price make sure to show them Pagrider’s snapshot.

Some stores had a clearance sale a few months ago, some were $488, some were $388. Sold out all around here and never restocked, Sams is out of the Pico business. Online is $688 for what’s left. YMMV at local stores.

Check your local store before giving up they are in the electronics section or have a family or friend go buy it for you and ship it if there is no stores close by. Have seen them in several Sams recently.

Also look out for Pico's discount codes. Pico also it appears has an affiliate program where affiliates can offer discounts I have seen some people offer 15 percent off if you use their code at purchase. Not as good as the Sams deal but better than paying full price. I bet their will be some black friday deals as well.

There are a few folks on the "Picobrewers" FB group who can provide those codes. I'd go online and ask. I also wouldn't be surprised for another round of specials after Thanksgiving.

I can give anyone a 15% code for the Picobrew website, good for anything they sell Pico, Z, picopacks, kegs, etc. Send me a PM if you need one, don’t pay full price on Picobrew.com! It’s not an affiliate program I get nothing whether you use the code or not.

They ran their sales promotions last week, different deal each day they were pretty good.

Last edited:
They ran their sales promotions last week, different deal each day they were pretty good.

I am not on FB, but I did get some of those offers by email. Only Day 2 and Day 5 strangely, and the rest were not in my spam folder, so I had no idea what was going on. For the last several months there have been 20% off select picopak promotions what seems like every other week, and it helps when you are not in an area that is covered by the "all you can drink" offer of the last kickstarter. I went through 28 paks this year, and even this was hardly drowning in beer, so I am painfully aware of how much I miss the deal! I hope people here pass on the 12 days of Christmas offers this year because that looks like the best way for those of us overseas to stock up for the winter months (that is, S&H becomes the bulk of the purchase price!).

I am not on FB, but I did get some of those offers by email. Only Day 2 and Day 5 strangely, and the rest were not in my spam folder, so I had no idea what was going on. For the last several months there have been 20% off select picopak promotions what seems like every other week, and it helps when you are not in an area that is covered by the "all you can drink" offer of the last kickstarter. I went through 28 paks this year, and even this was hardly drowning in beer, so I am painfully aware of how much I miss the deal! I hope people here pass on the 12 days of Christmas offers this year because that looks like the best way for those of us overseas to stock up for the winter months (that is, S&H becomes the bulk of the purchase price!).

I will try my best to keep the deals posted from here on. There is currently a couple promotions going on for Thanksgiving.

Post your pics for thanksgiving and if selected get a free pak on Pico. Click link for all details.

https://picobrew.us11.list-manage.c...55e5300f5291fa2a6e&id=d9cf816f7e&e=58b61507ad

20% off
Farmers Tan pak
Citra Siason pak
Pan Toll Porter pak

With code THANKS20 good till Thursday 23

Today’s email deal

Available for 24 hours only, each Bottle Share Bundle comes with:
Your choice of a Pico C or Pico Pro homebrewing appliance,
a 5-pack of 1L bottles with a bottler filler and carbonation drops,
a Stoup Robust Porter PicoPak with accompanying sticker labels
Get your Bottle Share Bundle today—choose the Pico C bundle for $429 (a $614 value) or go with the Pico Pro for $629 (an $849 value)

Today's the day! Now through Cyber Monday, take $150 off our Pico C homebrewing model. Produce 5 liters of fresh beer in about 2 hours, ready to drink in as little as 2 weeks. Pico C takes the clunky equipment and guesswork out of homebrewing, perfect for the new and experienced homebrewer alike. Your Pico C even comes fully equipped with a Brew Keg and 5L Serving Keg.

Ready for more? Pico Pro has the same bones as Pico C but some fancier finishes: a stainless-steel exterior, a higher resolution screen, AND it comes with a Brew Keg and party tap set-up. Order your Pico Pro today and save $200 before the price jumps back up to normal.

For the real master brewers, our first fully automatic all-grain beer brewing appliance, the Zymatic is more your speed. Professional breweries love the Zymatic for perfecting pilot batches, checking for consistency and quality as they scale their brews up and down. Zymatics are available for $400 off their retail price and also come fully equipped with a 5G Keg.

Want to make things really interesting? PicoStill is the first-of-its-kind distilling attachment for imbuing food and beverages with unique flavors and aromas using hops and other essential oils. And, assuming the proper licenses for you distillers out there, it can also distill grains and fruits to produce spirits like vodka, whiskey, and gin*. The opportunities are endless, especially when you can save $170 on the Pico C and PicoStill combo existing price. PicoStill will ship February 2018.

Are people removing the dry hops and and the mash hops from the package and keeping them in the fridge? Seems like a good idea.

Is it normal that what used to be page 168 is now page 42 in this thread?

Is it normal that what used to be page 168 is now page 42 in this thread?
It’s page 43 for me! Ya I noticed there was a forum update, I think what happened is each page has more posts than before, but 4x as many???

As an FYI - Amazon and Pico are having a Cyber Monday deal! The Pico C is $399 and the Pico Pro is $549! We just snagged one ourselves.

slow pack shipping? Is it just me? Placed an order October 14th. It did say 4 to 7 days shipping, but I thought I would be okay. Except my family drank all my beer at Thanksgiving... Not all, all they could find.

Still not showing as shipped it's now the 27th. I have only one pack on hand to brew. :no:

I can give anyone a 15% code for the Picobrew website, good for anything they sell Pico, Z, picopacks, kegs, etc. Send me a PM if you need one, don’t pay full price on Picobrew.com! It’s not an affiliate program I get nothing whether you use the code or not.

Okay, I can't figure out how to PM! Please tell me. :(

Okay, I can't figure out how to PM! Please tell me. :(
The new forum update calls it conversations. You should see a link up top for your profile, then click conversations. I sent you a message, you should also get an alert.

As far as the slow shipping, that’s crazy. Send them an email! I only choose packs in stock and they always ship within 2 days, usually next day.

The new forum update calls it conversations. You should see a link up top for your profile, then click conversations. I sent you a message, you should also get an alert.

As far as the slow shipping, that’s crazy. Send them an email! I only choose packs in stock and they always ship within 2 days, usually next day.
Well I usually do that too... but since Thanksgiving was coming I thought a few extra days wouldn't matter. But now we are at 2 weeks. Thanks for the PM explanation.

slow pack shipping? Is it just me? Placed an order October 14th. It did say 4 to 7 days shipping, but I thought I would be okay. Except my family drank all my beer at Thanksgiving... Not all, all they could find.

Still not showing as shipped it's now the 27th. I have only one pack on hand to brew. :no:

I have several paks on order all coming from Washington to North Carolina and they have taken 8 days or less. That’s crazy to think 13 to 14 days and still not shipped. Maybe a backorder on that pak?

That’s crazy to think 13 to 14 days and still not shipped. Maybe a backorder on that pak?

I had an order go two months before shipping, so I contacted them and they said they had QC issues with the Kermode IPA that held it up. If it is a couple of weeks, an email usually does the trick. I typically get orders to my door in Japan within 10 days of pushing the order button.

BTW, my Pico firmware updated on the weekend and now it defaults to a "Descale your pico?" on startup. To change this you have to log into your account and tell it you only use distilled water for brewing. It looks like they are now selling descaler on the store so people can use their tap water to brew packs (it says to descale every 20 brews). Well, that certainly will help for those of us overseas, but now that I became used to distilling water for a flat profile I don't plan on going back!

I had an order go two months before shipping, so I contacted them and they said they had QC issues with the Kermode IPA that held it up. If it is a couple of weeks, an email usually does the trick. I typically get orders to my door in Japan within 10 days of pushing the order button.

BTW, my Pico firmware updated on the weekend and now it defaults to a "Descale your pico?" on startup. To change this you have to log into your account and tell it you only use distilled water for brewing. It looks like they are now selling descaler on the store so people can use their tap water to brew packs (it says to descale every 20 brews). Well, that certainly will help for those of us overseas, but now that I became used to distilling water for a flat profile I don't plan on going back!
Ya I noticed that descale option too. I have no plans on using anything other than distilled water in my Pico. A lot of water from the top reservoir makes it into your brew, I don’t want descaler to possibly taint that, or possible issues I know can happen from using tap water in a keurig.

Picobrew just sent out an email, 25% off any regular priced items in their online store, now through Dec 17th, use the code
PICOFRIENDS25

Better than the 15% code I’ve sent many of you for next few weeks!

Does anyone remember when the 12 days of Christmas promotion ran last year? I figure to watch that daily for the 50% off paks and then use the picofriends25 at the end of the month if something I still wanted didn't get discounted.

The fine print for 25% off says through Dec 17.

*Discount valid only on PicoBrew.com for regularly priced merchandise through December 17, 2017. Cannot be used on previous orders or combined with other offers. Free shipping good throughout the contiguous U.S.

Back