PicoBrew - Newbie questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sablesurfer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,
So I am brand new to this system and a couple things have come up that I am hoping experienced users can help with....

1) The first rinse seems really, well underwhelming. What else to clean?
- I ran the first rinse cycle and it was, well confusing. First, the instructions are extremely unclear, attach the grey end to the keg or attach it to a wand in a bucket? What the heck?
- Then, the rinse cycle never really filled up the container. How the heck is that going to rinse anything??

2) Anyone else get a really strong industrial oil smell out of the screens and parts?
- Even after the plain hot water rinse, the screens all smelled like industrial knife sharpening oils. (Well that is my only reference point on the smell.)
- I finally took everything, screens and that clear bucket up to sink and used dish soap on everything. That has cut the industrial odor down a lot, but not completely gone.

3) When a cycle is done, does it always continue to spit water out the stepper tube?
- The screen said that the rinse was over. I even let it sit for a moment, but since the insides were fogged up I couldn't see that liquid was still coming out.
- When I wen to pull that clear basket out, there was still lots of water flowing and it went everywhere. There was also water all over the top and in the drip tray and everywhere. Is this normal?

How do you empty the drip tray? It is full of water from the rinse cycle, but it does not appear to come off the machine.

Latest posts

Back