Pick one beer to drink for the rest of your life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timrox1212

Reaction score
If you had to pick one commercial beer to drink for the rest of your life what would it be? Remember this would be your only beer to ever drink so only having KBS might be rough on those hoy hot days. Mine would be DFH 60 minute. I can't even think of how many gallons of this beer I've had. I could drink it any day any time.

Sent from my iPhone

Surly Furious. Such an awesome beer and very drinkable. I don't think I could ever get sick of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hamms Special Light if I have to pay for it?:D
Sam Adams Boston Lager Light if it's on the house!:rockin:

Dang thats tough. In the spring I'd go for a Hofbräu Maibock, in the summer just about any true Kölsch, in the fall a Surly Furious, and in the winter an aged Corsendonk Christmas Ale.

If I had to choose one, I might go for HB Maibock all year long. Love the malt bomb that it is.

Alaskan Amber or Old Milwakee's Beast...
783.gif

Lagunita's sucks my fav beer hands down but if we're talking something year round availability its Dales Pale Ale, love it.

I have to say Old Rasputin. First thought was Green Flash's Rayon Vert but I imagine I would get sick of brett at some point.

Maybe Handwerk All-Day IPA (from SA's Brewers & Union). Had a few on draft a couple weekends ago in Guangzhou and it was great - manageable 5.5% ABV, great hop flavor and aroma, very limited bitterness (not that I shy away from the IBUs, but getting the hops without the bitterness is cool too), and light carbonation for a creamy rather than sparkly mouthfeel. I'd probably cheat a little bit and do an extra dry-hop in the bottles from time to time to mix it up.

Coniston Bluebird Bitter, I'd say. Easy drinking, refreshing, delicious, and good to down en masse if I'd like.

I'd probably give Saison Dupont the second place nod. For much the same reason (sans the sessionability, or at least the ability to consume as much without getting as tanked). Or maybe Timothy Taylor Landlord. Again for the same reason. Or really any good English session beer will work. But I do love that Coniston.

Beamish Stout, that is if we could get it again in the states. Winter its good and during the summer cut it with some hard cider or lemonade.

Smithwicks. It's taste profile is dead center. Hoppy but not too hoppy, malty but not too malty. I've thought about this before and I figured a beer that was in the middle of the extremes would be a good one. The funny part is I rarely drink Smithwicks, just thought it was very centered.

Beamish Stout, that is if we could get it again in the states. Winter its good and during the summer cut it with some hard cider or lemonade.

Is Beamish no longer imported? That was my favorite of the big 3 (Beamish, Murphy's, Guinness), and I hadn't seen it around in quite a long time. That sucks if that's the case.

Pretty sure I've seen Beamish lately at liquor store here in Tulsa. edit: Nope. Just checked and they no longer do.

I think I'd have to go with Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge, but that's a tough one.

Back