Photoshop pros

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chupidacabra

Reaction score
Anybody really good with image editing? A friend drew me a great label and I'm wanting to make it into a stencil for glass etching. I've messed with it with gimp a little bit but I'm wondering if any body with a little more skill could help with tips or messing with the image itself? My problem is the details end up blurring when resized. My fixing attempt is to black all the grey pixels. I'm thinking I would also need to remove a lot of the pixels to make it a little more clean.

Any help would be appreciated! And if anyone wants to take a crack at it I'll send you the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Anybody really good with image editing? A friend drew me a great label and I'm wanting to make it into a stencil for glass etching. I've messed with it with gimp a little bit but I'm wondering if any body with a little more skill could help with tips or messing with the image itself? My problem is the details end up blurring when resized. My fixing attempt is to black all the grey pixels. I'm thinking I would also need to remove a lot of the pixels to make it a little more clean.

Any help would be appreciated! And if anyone wants to take a crack at it I'll send you the image.

Do you have a copy to show? Either you need to have the art scanned in at a higher resolution so that it can hold up to being enlarged or if possible you need to have the artwork converted into what is called a vector drawing, something that doesn't look its sharpness no matter what it is resized to.

A better scan would probably be the best option. Is there any commercial places that would get me a high quality scan? And I need to deal with the shading a little either way. I will upload an image in a few. Thanks for the tips!

this is the original

Untitled.jpg

Vector is what you need. If you have drop shadows and gradients it most likely wont work for etching. Solid colors/solid shapes are best.

What size it the full resolution pix? I might be able to vectorize it for you.

1700x1100

i cant upload the original image because of attachment limits. if you would like me to email it to you it is quite a bit better than the one i posted.

Back