Philadelphia Bottle Shops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlanginDueces

Reaction score
Gonna be up in Philly in a few weeks and was hoping to stock up on some good beers. I’ve had some Russian River and other west coast beers on draft in the city at a few bars but don’t know where to go to get bottles. Anyone know of bottle shops where I can get some Russian River/other good beers? Thanks!

If you go to South Philly, both the Bottle Shop and Brew Ultimo are on that list. They have some pretty good selections at those two locations, and they're within a couple blocks of each other.

If you want to check out a couple of good Philly breweries, I would recommend:

Brewery ARS (same general area as the shops above) - cans to go of select beers

Crime and Punishment (Brewerytown neighborhood)

Evil Genius and Fermentory Form (up in the Fishtown/Kensington area)

If you're in the 'burbs: look at Tired Hands (Ardmore)

If you go to South Philly, both the Bottle Shop and Brew Ultimo are on that list. They have some pretty good selections at those two locations, and they're within a couple blocks of each other.

If you want to check out a couple of good Philly breweries, I would recommend:

Brewery ARS (same general area as the shops above) - cans to go of select beers

Crime and Punishment (Brewerytown neighborhood)

Evil Genius and Fermentory Form (up in the Fishtown/Kensington area)

If you're in the 'burbs: look at Tired Hands (Ardmore)

Awesome, I’ll definitely check those out. I’ve always wanted to get out to Tired Hands but haven’t been able to.

Do you know if they usually have Russian River at those bottle shops?

Do you know if they usually have Russian River at those bottle shops?
I know that I have seen some Russian River at both over the years. Best bet would be to call them during the day, when it's not as busy and ask ahead of going there.

Tired Hands is worth a 25-minute ride on the Paoli-Thorndale line, especially for lunch.

Tired Hands should be on the top of your list! It's the best and most interesting beer in the Philly area in my opinion and there are always cans for sale these days. Visit the Cafe, the Fermentaria, and the General Store. They are all right in the same area.

Back