Perlick Stainless Steel Flow Control For Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithww

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Perlick Flow Control flow faucet for kegged sodas? I was thinking that would allow me to throw on the occasional keg of ginger ale with out having to have a second 15 foot beer line.

Has anyone tried a Perlick Flow Control flow faucet for kegged sodas? I was thinking that would allow me to throw on the occasional keg of ginger ale with out having to have a second 15 foot beer line.

I haven't. But it's not a 15' beer line for soda, in my experience- more like twice that since the soda is at 30 psi. Generally, for soda to pour right it would require 15-30' of 3/16" serving line. I know some people use those "epoxy mixing sticks" on the "in" diptube of their kegs of soda, so that it doesn't require 25+ feet of line.

Get dedicated soda line. You will be very surprised how much the tubing will hold the taste of ginger, root beer, etc!

Yes, I have 3 of the perlick flow control faucets, and use them all for soda or malt based sodas. They work amazingly well, and can really improve a pour. The only downside is it will take longer for you to pour than if you had longer line and the flow open more full, or just long line and a regular faucet.

The upside is being able to change pressures around, and not have to worry about line length. I'm thinking about changing my last 2 regular faucets for flow control since they are just very convenient and I don't mind the extra pouring time.

Latest posts

Back