Perlick 650ss - loose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcrawfo2

Reaction score
I just replaced one of my 525ss with a 650ss to aid in filling growlers and also to help serve some higher carbed beers without having to adjust my line lengths too much.
The flow control works well, but what's odd is the very loose on/off feel of the primary tap lever. It feels like the slightest touch would open it up and pour some beer on the floor.
I'm not sure if my 525s were this way and they've tightened up with gunk (not cleaned enough) or what.
Any experience?

The tension on the faucet lever can be adjusted via turning the bonnet down. But don't over-do it, you still want a bind-free movement...

Cheers!

I had this problem exactly.

Also, I tightened up the bonnet and it fixed it. Still has a little give, but it feels much more solid now.

It seems odd to have to tighten the bonnet to fix this problem. The bonnet should tighten against the tap handle to keep it from rotating, shouldn't it?

It seems odd to have to tighten the bonnet to fix this problem. The bonnet should tighten against the tap handle to keep it from rotating, shouldn't it?

They're referring to the lower bonnet, right below that one.

Latest posts

Back