Perlick 630SS Double Faucet Tower - A good deal, or too good to be true?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpstateMike

Reaction score
Starting to get into kegging, and I want to build a Keezer. I figured a dual faucet tower would be good to go with for a while, and from what I have been reading, Perlick faucets seem to be the way to go. I do cider, and the 630SS seems to be recommended for wine, so close enough.

So then I saw this online for sale:
Double Faucet Stainless Draft BeerTower w/ Perlick 630SS Stainless Faucets, $159.99

The price looks good, and it looks like it has everything I need, tower, faucets, shanks, tailpieces, mounting gaskets, tap handles.

Guess I'm looking for opinions before I pull out the ol' credit card.

:mug:

I got that exact tower from them a few months ago, but I paid a few $$ more and they switched out the 630ss for the 650ss flow control, no more messing around with long lines and get great pours. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

I'm building my first kegerator and I was wondering about this tower too. Seems like too good a deal when you consider that's about $120 worth of faucets, right? Any reason I shouldn't buy this tower?

I received mine a few days ago. Beverage factory shipped the day I ordered and quickly answered a couple of questions I had via email. I've Installed everything and it looks great so far. Kegs and upgraded beer lines arriving tomorrow so I can't comment on the function yet, but the quality looks great so far.

Mine arrived Friday. Looks fantastic, and I can't wait to get it going. I guess I'll be upgrading the lines, since the consensus seems to be that they impart a nasty flavor, and because it's so cheap to do. I'll have to read more about draft line length before I do that though.

Just got a great deal on a kegerator from Home Depot, so I am not going to do the keezer build. But I am modding the kegerator with the dual Perlick tower, and a 5 pound CO2 tank and dual product gauges, instead of the 2.5 pound tank and the cheap set of gauges that come with the kegerator. I'll use that tank and gauges for my beer gun, and an emergency tank when I have to refill the 5 pound one.

20150127_173405.jpg

Just got a great deal on a kegerator from Home Depot, so I am not going to do the keezer build. But I am modding the kegerator with the dual Perlick tower, and a 5 pound CO2 tank and dual product gauges, instead of the 2.5 pound tank and the cheap set of gauges that come with the kegerator. I'll use that tank and gauges for my beer gun, and an emergency tank when I have to refill the 5 pound one.

View attachment 251994

Man that's a hell of a deal. I was reading on another thread some folks even got a 20% discount off that price. You guys let me know that you think of this tower. Only complaint I have so far is that I get a little delayed dispensing after I shut off the tap. Older guys will know what I'm talking about. You cut off the flow and you get one last squirt/dribble a few seconds after.

Back