Perlick 525SS question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiggum

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new faucet for my Marvel 61HK kegerator. I'm thinking of the Perlick 525SS for it. I've read some reviews of people complaining that they leak. Is this something I should be worried about and is it usually an easy fix?

I'm not sure if I should get a new shank or not? I have no clue what size it came with. Not even sure if it is SS or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Sometimes the Perlicks leak a little when they are new. 99% of the time a simple 1/4 turn on the nut where the tap handle comes out of the tap itself fixes the problem. I wouldn't hesitate in buying them. Most (but not all) shanks are pretty universal.

Sometimes the Perlicks leak a little when they are new. 99% of the time a simple 1/4 turn on the nut where the tap handle comes out of the tap itself fixes the problem. I wouldn't hesitate in buying them. Most (but not all) shanks are pretty universal.

I believe my manual for the Kegerator states that the shank they use is stainless steel. I should probably just try it on my stock shank before I go out and just buy a new one?

I believe my manual for the Kegerator states that the shank they use is stainless steel. I should probably just try it on my stock shank before I go out and just buy a new one?

Certainly try the faucet on the existing shank, no sense replacing a stainless shank unless for some bizarre reason you can't get the faucet to fit it...

Cheers!

I have replaced both of my standard faucets with Perlicks one a 525 and one with a flow control faucet. Neither one has given me problems and I used the same shank. You should be fine.

cool deal. In the process of ordering it now. I hate my standard Faucet. Wish I did some research two years ago when I bought a regular Stainless Steel faucet to replace my old one. Would have saved money. I guess you learn from your mistakes. :)

I think there was some bad batch a few years back, but other than that they've been fine. I would buy them with zero hesitation. Best faucet around. At a party last weekend a buddy that's been working as a bartender told me they poured so much easier than the faucets at his bar.

My regular faucet sticks so bad. I'm afraid I'll do more damage by forcing it. Ordered today. Should arrive on Monday. Next upgrade after that will be two faucet tower.

I replaced my old KROME faucets with 525SS. My shanks were about 5 years old not SS. The 525SS faucets went on no problem no leaks. The pour is sooooo smooth, since they are forward sealing the beer has no plunger to go over.

Latest posts

Back