Perfect Beer for the Divorce/Final Alimony Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PavlovsCat

Reaction score
Started this thread from Irr81765 's reply on the "Pilots who are avid brewers" thread.

Depending on what caused the break-up, could be:

Ruination IPA or Liberation Ale. If I was a homebrewer at the time of my divorce it would have been Liberation.

Others??

Getting a divorce was the best thing I ever did, besides having my kids. I'd make a "Celebration Ale" clone.

How could I have forgotten that one? BTW, glad to see the "Wings" back up on your avatar. One of my favorite players of all time. That is Steve Y, right? I'm getting computer eyes staring at the screen in low light.

Well, I suppose that I'll contribute to this.

Ruination - that would have been perfect for the divorce ! But that part of my life is over, and I am looking at the end of Alimony. Men, that is MUCH sweeter than the end of child support !

So, keeping in mind the season (end of October), and wanting to share the sweetness of the event with my fellows ( and fellow ladies), I am thinking BIG BEER.

I made a Robust Porter that was the best received beer that I have ever brewed.

Maybe an oatmeal stout.... Something full of life !! Open to suggestions!:tank:

Its only 193 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes, and I need time for it to age !

Never been married, but this would have suited the breakup of my first "relationship".

Widmer Broken Halo IPA

BuffaloBills-AlimonyAle.jpg

breaking up is hard to brew aplefwein
:rockin:

How bout a "Rebound with a Redhead Irish Red"

On a related note, when I was going through the divorce with wife #1 she had moved a girl in to help her pay the rent. Also, she was seeing the sleezeball who she slept with that caused the divorce. I was at the house picking up some of my stuff, and I saw a six pack of his beer in my fridge. I know it was his cuz he had partied at our house and I knew he drank Michelob, nobody else we knew drank it. As much as I hated Michelob I sat my ass on that couch and drank all 6 of those nasty things :drunk:

When her new roomate came home and found me drunk on the couch with a sixer of empties at my feet she wasn't sure what to say. As I left, I told her to "Tell Slick and Slime (my little nickname for the greaseball) that its a fair trade, the beer for the *****".

two hours later when my soon to be ex got home, my phone blew up :ban: Man was she pissed!

Anyway, how bout a "Beer for the ***** Brown" :D

I'm sure my ex would have called me an Arrogant Bastard.

+1 on the Arrogant Bastard, I won custody of our kids from Wife#1, she called wanting a place to stay and I gave her the phone # to the local womans shelter

Man, I thought that story was going to end with you marrying the female roommate. lol

I too, was expecting a bit more from that story......

-Jason

How could I have forgotten that one? BTW, glad to see the "Wings" back up on your avatar. One of my favorite players of all time. That is Steve Y, right? I'm getting computer eyes staring at the screen in low light.

Dude, Steve has a '' C '' on his sweater !

So does this guy, now! He's Nicklas Lidstrom, team captain for the last couple of years! This picture is a couple of years old. I just really like it!

:off:
ceedubya
Dude that is a killer story! LMAO!! Good for you man, good for you.

Thanks, It made me feel better, but it pissed her off something good.

Man, I thought that story was going to end with you marrying the female roommate. lol

Oh hell no! She was a vile little thing, that would have been like jumping out of the fryin pan into the fire. Besides, I was licking my wounds from the first one with my best friend from high school, who I have now been married to for the past 11 years :ban:

And a number 19! No doubt, get it right amateur :D

So does this guy, now! He's Nicklas Lidstrom, team captain for the last couple of years! This picture is a couple of years old. I just really like it!

Lidstrom's a badass, but I still miss Izerman. I still proudly wear my old number 19 jersey. BTW, I was pretty happy to see you sporting the Wings in your avatar again too! One more W and we're on to Round 2!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.......

LOL, someone at work suggested that I bottle up some distilled water, cuz that's what beer would be after you've taken everything from it !

Latest posts

Back