PEANUT BUTTER Milk Stout (how?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danbcha

Reaction score
I overheard talks of a peanut butter milk stout today and it really caught my interest. How does one create a peanut butter flavored beer? I am cooking up a milk stout tomorrow evening, but it is just a normal extract kit. I want to add to.

I did a peanut butter stout last year and used 2 containers of PB2. One at flameout and steeped the second container in the secondary. Overall head retention wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but it was overall pretty light.

I didn't care for the batch, but many of my friends loved it. Some even blended it with shorts soft parade for a sort of "peanut butter / jelly" thing.

This is the recipe I used for a 5 gal extract batch. I'd imagine the lactose would just go near the end of the boil.

6lb LME

Grains (steeped for 20 minutes @ 158)
1lb Flaked Barley
1lb Carafa II
4 oz Black Patent

Hops
1oz Willamette @ 60min

Yeast
Danstar Nottingham - I made a starter 2 days prior
Could also use WL004 or WY1084

1 container PB2 @ flameout

1 container PB2 "dryhopped" for 5 days in secondary. I put the contents in a muslin sack to avoid adding floaties to the beer.

Added 1 dram of Lorann Peanut Butter Flavoring to secondary

Bottled with 4oz dextrose

Back