Peanut butter and bannan beer ideas??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powtownbrew

Reaction score
Im really into crazy idea beers so i was thinking my favorite food into beer form... Peanut butter and Banana !! does anyone have experience using these ingredients?

I could use a belgium yeast to help influence the banana flavors along side using some banana puree. When it comes to peanut butter hmm i havent a clue..

i would use some light crystal grains, as well a simple 8 lb 2 row, and a nice hop collection.

:ban:

thanks for the help
happy brewin!

The bananas I can see being able to use and have a good product, but the peanut butter im not sure about. Tallgrass had a firkin release recently that had PB and J in it (not sure why) but I heard it was pretty terrible

Banana wine has been made by lots of people so you should be all set there, and I think I've read that for peanut butter it is best to use it in the powdered form (PB2 is the only brand I've had - actually half-decent product)...search the forums for that, I'm sure you'll find more than enough info.

Had a PB and Banana Dunkelweizen a couple of months back at a local brewery's employee brew off. Tasted just like a PB and Banana sandwich. Ask the person who brewed what they did to get the flavor. They said they just used Hefe yeast and fermented it warmer I think to get all that banana flavor. For the PB they used to jars of PB2 powder at either 5 min left or flameout, cant recall which one though.

Latest posts

Back