Peach cider!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krausen89

Reaction score
so i got a seasonal job at a fruit farm as a cider bottler and i also work over in the the peach butter plant. after we are done prepping the peaches there are piles of peach pulp on the floor. this includes pits,peach pulp and peach halves. I asked what they use it for an they said they just spread it around the orchard. he said i was to help myself. I got a 7.5? gallon bucket filled to the brim. i want to make a peach cider. i have a cider press but ive only used it once. should i soak the peaches with pectic enzyme before i press them? they should be pretty soft as is, so im not sure. or should i add when i pitch the yeast? or just not use any at all?...any ideas would be great. i have to do this soon because i dont have cold place to store this. also the only yeast i have right now is monchrachet and bread yeast(which i dont mind using) but i dont want it to be super dry and i know the monchrachet is 14%AT so that would eat all the sugars. another thing i could do would to be make a wine. but i have plenty of that fermenting.

as i understand pectic enzyme is only if you want to make the juice super-clear and not cloudy. i would just pitch the yeast and let gravity help you clear the cider.

conrad

i pressed it, added campden tab, yeast nutrients and the red star. got about 4.5 gallons

Back