Pasta Roller Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdwalter

Reaction score
Wish I would have taken more photos of the actual build, but here it is, finished. Just a simple pasta roller from Bed Bath and Beyond or another chick store. Roughed up the rollers by turning a drill bit in reserves over them. I use a drill to power it. Works great.

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Awesome idea! I've been thinking about working with a corona mill but honestly that's probably the same price out the door and you get a roller mill instead. Nice woodworking too, very clean. Any issues with the roller spacing or slippage from stress on the pins?

I milled only about 20 lbs with it and the driving roller started generating shavings... It's rubbing against the casing since i'm using a drill and need to push the drill bit axially while grinding. I ended up insering a paper clip between the roller and the casing to act as a spacer and finish the job. I see others having great success with these pasta mill but my experience turned out not that great :-(

Back