• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa Parts for DIY RIMS tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfinleyui

Reaction score
I've got the parts for a 120v 1-1/2" SS RIMS tube. I put it together, ran water through it, never got around to re-wrapping one of the threads, and never used it. Gathering dust in the garage, figure I should sell it off.

I have:

1x - 8" SS Pipe
3x - 1-1/2" NPT Male to 1/2" NPT Female (for input and output barbs, and PID sensor)
1x - 1-1/2" NPT Male to 1" NPT Female (for heating element)
2x - 1-1/2" NPT Female T
1x - 1500W 120v Screw-in heating element

So basically you'd need to add a PID controller (Check out PJ's diagrams. I never used the RIMS for brewing, but I am currently using the controller I'd built on my smoker), a thermocouple with a 1/2 NPT threading, and whatever barbs/fittings you wanted (I had 1/2inch barbs on it, but those seem to have flown the coop).

Asking $75 obo + shipping (guessing I could probably get it in a medium flat rate box, definitely large), or local pickup in eastern iowa.

Last edited:
Back