Parameters for force carbing Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunsettseeker

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a certified noob to homebrewing with just 3 brews in the log so forgive my ignorance. I have done a cursory search of the apfelwein thread and haven't found the pararameters used for force carbing Apfelwein.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sunsettseeker

For force carbing, I would just carb it like beer. I serve my beer at 12 psi with 8 feet of line at 40 degrees. That would probably work for apfelwein, too. What kind of system do you have?

I have one Corney, 5#CO2 bottle, ~8ft of gas line, not sure how long the beer line is. Everything at room temp right now. (i'm saving for a kegerator conversion)

Thanks for you help!

You won't be able to force carb with a warm keg. You need to chill the keg (and contents) down before it will absorb much CO2. I carb mine off of my Soda regulator at about 25-30psi. Comes out like champaign. I still need to pick up a secondary reg for the batch of beer that will be ready in a few weeks to drop the PSI down from the soda pressure...

Back