Panel box recommendation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezy

Reaction score
I bought a couple of 12v pump controllers of eBay that have led display of %power. I could really use a recommendation from people for something economical to hold two of those and one pid. The led displays are about 25mmx50mm (plus room for small on off buttons and small potentiometer knobs for each). The pid is the auberins with 10A relay onboard.

The plastic carlon boxes at the home depot or lowes... they are cheap and come in multiple sizes.. I use a couple of them for my control panels. theres a 12x12, 10x10 I believe and a 6x6 model... I know what pwm controllers your talking about... curious to know how well they work with the lower frequency..

The boxes augiedoggy refers too are certainly good too. It's what I'm using for my current simple arduino biol controller. Those boxes are much thicker/more rugged. But because of that they're also a little bit more of a pain to work with if you're cutting irregular shaped openings for your components with a dremel, and the sides aren't flat. But it's all plastic so not super hard to work with anyway. The BUD boxes are cheaper and have many more size options, but they are slightly less rugged (never had a problem though). The BUD boxes also have latches for easy access inside the panel while the other require a screw driver to open up (which may not matter much after you finished your build)

I've used the home depot junction boxers. Three problem i had was the thick plastic. The through hole mounting stuff didn't mount well. It wanted thinner wall to clip in right. Itll probably work with what I'm planning though. I'm going to look at sizes of all these and see what seems like it will fit the best.

Back