Paintball Gas Tank adaptors - HELP NEEDED

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schalk79

Reaction score
We have a Micromatic Mini Regulator and a machined adaptor to mate it with 20oz Paintball gas bottles...

Connecting a new gas bottle is a nightmare. The adaptor has a machined vent hole on the side. As you screw it in (as fast as possible) when the bottle pin is depressed gas starts venting on the side. Sometimes it freezes the o-ring, it fails and you loose the entire bottle of gas.

I've looked at the adaptors on Williams Brewing and I do not see a vent in theirs...

Is this vent really required? Why do you need a vent?

Or is it iust required for the Micromatic regulator?

Below is a couple of pics of the regulator & adaptor

image-3398458884.jpg

image-2954582184.jpg

image-1183087044.jpg

Any input will be greatly appreciated?
Schalk

We have a Micromatic Mini Regulator and a machined adaptor to mate it with 20oz Paintball gas bottles...

Connecting a new gas bottle is a nightmare. The adaptor has a machined vent hole on the side. As you screw it in (as fast as possible) when the bottle pin is depressed gas starts venting on the side. Sometimes it freezes the o-ring, it fails and you loose the entire bottle of gas.

I've looked at the adaptors on Williams Brewing and I do not see a vent in theirs...

Is this vent really required? Why do you need a vent?

Or is it iust required for the Micromatic regulator?

Below is a couple of pics of the regulator & adaptor

View attachment 45187

View attachment 45188

View attachment 45189

Any input will be greatly appreciated?
Schalk

Mine has the same vent hole, and I have never had a problem with it. If the o-ring on the paintabll tank is working correctly gas should never get to the vent hloe when the tank is screwed all the way on.

I think I remember seeing a post where someone mentioned the valve on their tank was a hair too big and not letting their adapter screw on all the way.

Latest posts

Back