Paintball Equipment Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

malnutriton

Reaction score
So I found a great deal on some paintball equipment that couldnt be passed up. Now i just need to find out what I need to get inorder to use it to push my beer out of my kegs into my glass. I have included the pics of all the equipment and would appriciate any info regarding what adapters i would need to use this for a portable setup. Thanks in advance.

jbrookeiv

Crafted Magazine
Reaction score
Subscribed. I have that exact same remote line, and I have a couple of 5gal cornies on their way.

attitude

Reaction score
When I get home from work Ill show you what I did. I took the hoses off and screwed in a 3/8" nipple and then attached to my regulator.

OP
malnutriton

malnutriton

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I think that I am going to go a little different direction with this. I decided to use the mini regulator, a barbed ball lock qd, some tubing, and some 45g cartridges to simply push my beer.

purplehaze

Reaction score
I am no expert but I have a bit of weekend warrior experience with paintball guns and I would be careful using this type of setup.

Just in case your temped don't use a gun regulator, they run at 150 psi on the low end and climb quite high from there.

Secondly there is lubricating oil with nasty additives on the o-rings and in the line which cant be good for you or your beer.

trl2112

Reaction score
Those 45g cartridges are expensive.

williams sell this adapter

They have the gas barb too, looks like this installed.

joeybeer

Reaction score
I use a 20oz tank and love it.. I have an aluminum adapter going to a regular regulator, the price per lb is pretty close to a 5gal, and I can get a fill at Dicks sporting goods with better hours than the welding shop - 3.99 for a 20oz fill, and the fifth fill is free !

WPen

Reaction score
Do you use the 20oz just for dispensing or for force carbing as well?