Ozzy, Ronnie..Black Sabbath?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is the metal king? (of black sabbath, anyway)

• Ozzy Osbourne

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Ronnie James Dio

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
1627432400307.gif

Enough said.

I remember seeing interviews with Ozzy in the early 90's and his speech was all garbled. Oddly his singing was great live. Amazed and happy that he's still around.

He was on some medication that was messing with the speech center in his brain. He got on different meds about 10 or 15 years ago and he almost sounds normal, now. Singing uses a different part of the brain.

As to the original question, I think of them as two different bands. Same with Van Halen and AC/DC. You can't completely change your sound and be the same band. I like Ozzy, Diamond Dave and Bon better than their successors. I still like Sabbath with Ronnie and AC/DC with Brian, but I never could stand Sammy.

p.s. Fairy's Wear Boots is AWESOME!

I remember an episode of 'Jack & Ozzy's World Detour' where they did one of those ancestoral DNA test kits, and Ozzy's results came back saying that he was the only living person in the entire known world who carried a specific genetic mutation dating back to the Neanderthals. Ozzy's all 'WTF does that mean?!' Jack looks at the paper with Ozzy's results and says 'Well Dad, what they're saying is nobody else in the world can metabolize drugs the way you do...."

I remember an episode of 'Jack & Ozzy's World Detour' where they did one of those ancestoral DNA test kits, and Ozzy's results came back saying that he was the only living person in the entire known world who carried a specific genetic mutation dating back to the Neanderthals. Ozzy's all 'WTF does that mean?!' Jack looks at the paper with Ozzy's results and says 'Well Dad, what they're saying is nobody else in the world can metabolize drugs the way you do...."

I wonder if I don't have that that mutation?

The man won a gross-out contest with Nikki Sixx by snorting a line of ants off a popsicle stick in the parking lot of a gas station in Fla. If you can make the guys in Motley Crue go, “dude.. that’s messed up” then that Neanderthal stuff sounds pretty reasonable.

Ronnie had a better voice but the songs that Ozzy created augmented his "rough" vocal style.

Ronnie and Ozzy both were Black Sabbath legends and I will continue to listen and enjoy my recordings of both. :rock:

One could ask a similar question about the Scopions guitar players (Matthias vs Michael).

The man won a gross-out contest with Nikki Sixx by snorting a line of ants off a popsicle stick in the parking lot of a gas station in Fla. If you can make the guys in Motley Crue go, “dude.. that’s messed up” then that Neanderthal stuff sounds pretty reasonable.

Then there were the two metal heads who went to OzzFest, and tried to recreate Ozzy's ant snorting stunt, not realizing they were snorting FIRE ANTS. In a nutshell, they both went into anaphylaxis from multiple fire ant stings to their airways and croaked.

Then there were the two metal heads who went to OzzFest, and tried to recreate Ozzy's ant snorting stunt, not realizing they were snorting FIRE ANTS. In a nutshell, they both went into anaphylaxis from multiple fire ant stings to their airways and croaked.
And no lawsuit? This is America. Nobody is responsible for their own stupidity here.

And no lawsuit? This is America. Nobody is responsible for their own stupidity here.

Surprsingly, from what I remember, no lawsuits. The story sounded so unbelievable when it made the news, it was actually featured a few years later on an episode of 'A 1,000 Ways To Die' with a guest appearance from one of America's foremost expert on venomous insects, explaining precisely how a person would die after snorting fire ants.

Yeah that was years ago. For the song “ Suicide Solution”. That’s part of the reason I am not a huge fan of the solo Ozzy.

i just found it amusing when i heard it....because no one ever complains about stuff like this...

When I first started listening to metal and found Black Sabbath Dehumanizer was the first album and fell in love with it, it wasn’t for probably a year or so before I was introduced to Ozzy and found out he was the original singer.

When I was in high school I saw Dio live and what a show, he was great! Full of energy and kept the crowd going. I think it was a few years later he died.

Back