oversized O-Ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xamers

Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy the "oversized" O-Rings for corny keg lids? I bought some a couple years ago; they are thicker and somewhat softer and make sealing old kegs easier. Mine are shelled. I can't remember where I bought them from.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if these are what you want, but www.mcmaster.com and part # 9452K218 is what I use.

Buna-N O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 417
In stock at $12.50 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 10

Mike

Here's the silicone version from McMaster: 9396K926

$7.88 for 5 of them.

Unless anyone knows of this sized O-Ring in larger than 1/4" thickness, I'll probably order some of these as the guinea pig.

Gotta figure out what I need for QDs before the order however.

Oh, that is a better price. For some reason I thought McMaster's price was way higher on them.

Nope, Once you get up above 1/4" cross section, you'd have to buy cordstock and splice your own:

96505K26
Silicone O-Ring Cord Stock 5/16" Fractional Width, .313" Actual Width

Make sure you're using keg lube if you have O-ring sealing problems.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at getting some o-rings for corny keg lids from Oringsandmore on Ebay but they seem to not have the size 417 at the moment but do have size 416 so I'm wondering if the 416 would be ok?

The 416 is about 1/8 inch (~3mm) smaller than the 417 in both internal and outer diameters so I'm thinking surely the 416 could stretch a little to fit corny lids (unless the 417 was already a tight fit to begin with)?

Cheers :)

Lid #417 [ ID: 3-1/2 in (88.9 mm), OD: 4 in (101.6 mm) ]
Lid #416 [ ID: 3-3/8 in (85.725 mm), OD: 3-7/8 in (98.425 mm) ]

Anyone know where to buy the "oversized" O-Rings for corny keg lids? I bought some a couple years ago; they are thicker and somewhat softer and make sealing old kegs easier. Mine are shelled. I can't remember where I bought them from.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Oversize-Keg-Lid-Sealing-O-Ring-P58.aspx

these are thicker O-Rings at .31” compared to 417 buna are .275”

Unlike standard lid O rings which have a .280" cross section, our exclusive Oversize O Ring has a slightly larger (.310") diameter, and is molded from softer rubber, for a more positive seal at low dispensing pressures. An ideal fix for an older keg with a leaky lid,

Back