Opinions On Alteration of Apfelwein Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffoC6

Reaction score
So I made apfelwein a few months back, and it's conditioning and aging as we speak.

I had a few extra carboys empty, so I just made another gallon, only instead of apple juice, I used this instead:

258940.jpg

This is 100% black cherry juice, pasteurized, with no additives.

I plan on doing the exact same thing I do with the apfelwein, only switching up the juices. What do you guys think? How do you think this will be?

just use the same yeast you usually use for your for you juice wines so you have a constant and see.

just use the same yeast you usually use for your for you juice wines so you have a constant and see.

Not sure I follow. I don't make any other wines, and I've only made Ed Wort's Apfelwein once, and it's still conditioning. I just figured I'd follow the same recipe, but instead of apple juice, I'd use the juice I pictured above. Was curious to know if this would work and/or taste good.

You can lock/delete this thread. I re-posted over in the Beginners forum where there's more foot traffic.

Back