Ontario hop growers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerJase

Reaction score
Is there anyone growing hops in ontario? Would love to see some pics of your setups and hear about your experiences. I'm giving it a go myself for the first time this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in Ontario as well and I want to try growing them myself. Where did you get your rhizomes from? I wanted to bring them in from NY state(I'm in Niagara) but because of Canada's agriculture import laws it is not worth it.

I ordered a plant from Toronto brewing. I think there still taking orders. They will be ready for pickup/shipping early may.
And there plants not rhizomes so I think that will give me a jump start.

I ordered a plant from Toronto brewing. I think there still taking orders. They will be ready for pickup/shipping early may.

i have ordered rhizomes last year from them and ordered the plants this year.

My cascades did really well for the first year

i have ordered rhizomes last year from them and ordered the plants this year.

My cascades did really well for the first year

Glad to heat it. I'm also growing cascade. Not expecting much in the way of a harvest. But good to hear your first year worked out.

I got about 4oz o wet hops last year with my first year cascades. I tossed them into a pale ale i made. I didnt bothet drying them or anything.

Hoping to get more this year. They are coming up now which is nice to see!!

I got about 4oz o wet hops last year with my first year cascades. I tossed them into a pale ale i made. I didnt bothet drying them or anything.

Hoping to get more this year. They are coming up now which is nice to see!!

Nice to hear. If I could get enough hops first year for one brew, I would be a happy brewer.

I grow Hallertau, Cascade, Golding, Williamette and centennial. I have them planted in a bed spaced out in groups for about 100 feet with 2 lines 4 feet apart for raising and lowering lines 20 feet in the air, I am south of Woodstock, Ont. I split them up last year and they are just out about 6=8 inches as of today. They brew up fine with no issues to date. More info given if required,

I grow Hallertau, Cascade, Golding, Williamette and centennial. I have them planted in a bed spaced out in groups for about 100 feet with 2 lines 4 feet apart for raising and lowering lines 20 feet in the air, I am south of Woodstock, Ont. I split them up last year and they are just out about 6=8 inches as of today. They brew up fine with no issues to date. More info given if required,

Hi, I'm located southwest of Woodstock. When would you recommend putting rhizomes in the ground this year?

Also, how do your Centennials do in this area? Any tips?

Back