Only StarSan for cleaning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweat the small stuff in reason. There was a video series by a guy who used a mask, gloves and smeared something on his arms to keep the germs away.....

I transfered my Strawberry ESB from primary to secondary last week. The glass carboy I used for secondary had been previously cleaned and sterilized before getting sealed. I wiped off the outside of it with some sanitizing solution but did nothing else before the transfer. I did not resanitize. You can see a photo of it in the thread about putting fruit puree into the primary. It looks great. Now I just have to figure out what to do with 5 gallons of beer when I can't get together with a large group of people.... It may be a while before it gets into the keg.

Next time I clean out the keg I will use some PBW or equivalent when I do it. At least then some here can rest easy at night. I have been pretty much ignoring this thread since I have better things to do right now in the midst of a pandemic....

@coonmanx it's not about you and your practices.

This is the beginners brewing subforum. We want any newbies reading this to understand that proper cleaning is a necessary step in the brewing process.

Back