Online Shopping for Brewing Supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, I'm so glad that I stopped to take a look at this thread! Austin Homebrew has some amazing prices, and with the flat-rate shipping I can finally afford to get a couple of carboys for secondary fermenters. I definitely don't want to be dropping $60-70 or more at my LHBS.

Thanks!

Why wouldn't they have you tell them what you want WHEN you order? Why the e-mail?

Hello, you can place an order for any 1 kind of DME you want, but if you want lets say 1 bag of dark and 2 bags of amber and 1 pilsner then you need to email him and let him know.

Cheers :mug:

Another vote for Austin's, thats my go to place, they will even hold your order till the day you want it shipped on, I need liquid yeast shipped to me on monday's so it gets to my house before friday, they let me place an order on let say a wens and I request it to be packed and shipped on the next monday and that is what they do.

Great service at Austins to say the least.

Brewmasters warehouse has the same flatrate shipping and offers a 10% of coupon code for hbt members ... its in the vendors section as bnarmy..... with the discount and flat rate they are consistently cheapest on my orders

For a complete beer making starter kit with ingredients, this place rocks :rockin: >>> http://www.windriverbrew.com/apprentice.html
Great price at $59.95 + shipping, and they have a choice of 12 different brews with the starter kit, they also let you swap out the ingredient kit for any ingredient kit that they sell, if you don't want one of the 12 offered, you only pay the differences in price between the 2 ingredient kits, they also let you custom change your starter kit too.

I ordered this "The All World Apprentice Kit" from them yesterday to replace some of my equipment, they let me choose a ingredient kit not on the list, switch out the 5 gal bottling bucket for a 6 gal one, they only charged me the difference in price between the 2 buckets, I added a lid and another 6 gal bucket with lid, and they shipped it out the same day :ban:

Great service, great price, 12 ingredient kits to choose from on a starter kit, allowed to customize the kit, customer service on the phone was excellent, very fast processing orders, what more could you ask for ?

All I can say is WOW and Thank You WindRiver Brewing Co.

That dmemart site has a nice link for some hops places as well. hopsdirect.com. Might have to pick up some lb packs from there. fuggle uk for 12.50 for a 1lb.
Hops Direct has really decent prices, but I hate the toll on shipping. I just checked out what it would cost for 3 lbs. shipped at lowest/slowest rate — over $16. Come on people, that sucks.

I recently ordered a kit "Northern Brewer Pro Series Tallgrass Halcyon Wheat" The kit came out too dark after adding the LME (which was too dark in the bottle to begin with). NB said that if I am not satisfied with the final beer that they will send me out a new kit, free of charge.

I have only ordered online from Midwestern a few times, as I have a local shop with very comparable prices and would rather support him, so I can't compare to anyone else online. First let me say the customer service has been fantastic with MW. Shipping has always been quick and earlier than expected delivery. Saying that...every order has had something wrong. Missing and broken parts, wrong yeast, and as like other comments have said, no cold pack. Bright side is that I have received no questions asked customer service and replacements shipped immediatly.

I have only ordered online from Midwestern a few times, as I have a local shop with very comparable prices and would rather support him, so I can't compare to anyone else online. First let me say the customer service has been fantastic with MW. Shipping has always been quick and earlier than expected delivery. Saying that...every order has had something wrong. Missing and broken parts, wrong yeast, and as like other comments have said, no cold pack. Bright side is that I have received no questions asked customer service and replacements shipped immediatly.

Midwest messed up everyone of my orders too, 4 in a row, how hard is it to properly fill a order anyway? lmao, them along with my UPS driver delivering my shipments 2 streets over to people that sell on ebay was a big mess, midwest thought I was lying to them about not getting my supplies, no order was in a timely manner ether, I no longer order from midworst.

I recently ordered a kit "Northern Brewer Pro Series Tallgrass Halcyon Wheat" The kit came out too dark after adding the LME (which was too dark in the bottle to begin with). NB said that if I am not satisfied with the final beer that they will send me out a new kit, free of charge.

Thats how a business should be run.

I order from midwest a lot. Even my wife has on occasion. Never a problem & their Fed-Ex home delivery is always fast.

I'm done ordering from anyone who uses fedex home or worse yet the fedex>postal thing. Every single.one has been 4+ days late or lost.
UPS may be more but worth it for me.

My orders from them with Fed-Ex usually come in a day or so early. But being in Ohio,I guess it's close enough for that to happen. Not to mention,They operate at the airport around the block from Ford,where I retired from. Only 25M from me.

I'm done ordering from anyone who uses fedex home or worse yet the fedex>postal thing. Every single.one has been 4+ days late or lost.
UPS may be more but worth it for me.

I think your local FedEx hub is to blame. There was another thread and opinions were very mixed between delivery companies. If there are consistently problems it's either at the receiving end or the delivery end and not the company as a whole, in my opinion, as I get fantastic error free service from both and I order tons of stuff online. Not just beer stuff, but all sorts of stuff down to amazon groceries.

ordered from MW 3 times... each time been in 2 days max...even on a saturday. Been great. Ordered from a hops place too farm something and it was great too!

Thats how a business should be run.

I agree. However, I've had no problems with Midwest besides their email service being f'ed up and not notifying me of shipments. They sent me out a brand new regulator free of charge because the first leaked at the diaphragms. They asked me to send the other one back (postage paid) but I have yet to do that.

Midwest messed up everyone of my orders too, 4 in a row, how hard is it to properly fill a order anyway? lmao, them along with my UPS driver delivering my shipments 2 streets over to people that sell on ebay was a big mess, midwest thought I was lying to them about not getting my supplies, no order was in a timely manner ether, I no longer order from midworst.

Odd that you had errors on your orders. I've had two minor errors with them: once, they left out a thermometer strip. The other time, they sent two half-pounds of C-20 instead of one.

As for the shipping problems, I don't think it's fair to hold Midwest responsible for FedEx's screwups. Plus, I don't really blame them for doubting that a package FedEx reported as "delivered" wasn't. In fact, I believe that at that point your beef is legally with FedEx, not the shipper.

And midworst? Classy.

Odd that you had errors on your orders. I've had two minor errors with them: once, they left out a thermometer strip. The other time, they sent two half-pounds of C-20 instead of one.

As for the shipping problems, I don't think it's fair to hold Midwest responsible for FedEx's screwups. Plus, I don't really blame them for doubting that a package FedEx reported as "delivered" wasn't. In fact, I believe that at that point your beef is legally with FedEx, not the shipper.

And midworst? Classy.

Hello, I agree that the shipping not getting delivered is not on Midwest, but messing up my orders is on them.

Back