One or Two Bottles from keg w/o Beer gun.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWE

All Grain supports the Brain
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, I normally keg everything. But a buddy came down and brewed a Pliny clone with me, and as you can imagine, he wants to try it. I don't have a beer gun, and don't plan on buying one. I bought the Perilick Growler filler and watched a couple of vids and seems legit. Any problems/tips people have had would be appreciated.

Here's the other part. When I get home I have a 10 day dry hop which will put me kegging about 4 days before I head his way. I know what everyone will say, and I really don't need to hear those responses. I'm looking to see if there has been anyone else in my position. SO, I will force carb the hell out of it, and bottle 2 or so and head strait his way. Bout and hour and a half drive. Anyone had to do this? If so, what were the results?

BTW, I carb hard @ 50psi for 20-24hrs and drop back down to 13-15 for a few days and then put at serving pressure. FULLY drinkable once this is done. And in case your wondering, I work away from home and it will be well over 2 months before I could get back his way. Tha'ts why I'm trying this.

You can also attach the plastic tube from a bottle filling wand to the end of a picnic tap and fill a few bottles with very low pressure.

If the carbonation is good and stable in the keg, you can fill anything using low pressure and avoid too much head.

Latest posts

Back