One keg pouring slow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drksky

Reaction score
So I have a keezer that currently has three kegs in it. Two of them pour at a decent rate without foaming, but one is pouring at about half the rate. The lines are all the same length and all three are on a manifold with the regulator set at about 13psi. Using the 3/16" Accuflex lines. Any ideas about why this one keg is so slow?

I pulled the post and the dip tube and found nothing that could be clogging it.

have you tried swapping good known lines with that one?
also the quick disconnect might have stuff in it... i've had a hop leaf logged into the spring in the QD.

have you tried swapping good known lines with that one?
also the quick disconnect might have stuff in it... i've had a hop leaf logged into the spring in the QD.

^^this^^
Swap a line from good to bad and see if the issue resolves and then you know it's isolated to that one beer line and either the QD or the tap

Sent from the Commune

I had two recently doing the same... The one was frozen the other I turned off the wrong line on the manifold.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Sigh. I switched two of them and now they're all pouring the same. :confused:

Bad manifold?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

I guess I should have qualified that. They're all now pouring at what I would call the "good" rate after switching.

Might have a poppet with a strong spring and a QD with a weak spring in the mix and if the two get together on the same post the poppet isn't opening enough.

Or...you dislodged whatever was plugging up the poppet or QD...

Cheers!

Back