On line Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

kdp

Reaction score
Iam wanting to set up a on line store but am having trouble finding trouble finding suppliers that will sell wholesale to me. Does anyone have any ideas.

EdWort

Reaction score
Most if not all wholesaler's will only sell to those who have a brick & mortar (as in real store front) any more. Almost all will have a large first stocking order requirement as well.

Do you have a store and are you ready to pop for $1,500 to $2,000 in inventory?

That's what they are looking for.

Kilgore_Trout

Reaction score
Most if not all wholesaler's will only sell to those who have a brick & mortar (as in real store front) any more. Almost all will have a large first stocking order requirement as well.

Do you have a store and are you ready to pop for $1,500 to $2,000 in inventory?

That's what they are looking for.
The storefront thing really does help. Distributors aren't as willing to sell wholesale to just anyone anymore (eBay phenomenon I guess is to blame).

Having a street address strictly for the business would be a start, you just have to convince them that you're serious.. not just some guy looking to get 10% off DME to sell it on eBay.

You'll need a lot of cash to get a sizable inventory going, so make sure you have some money set aside.

Do you have a web storefront built yet? Seems like you're jumping the gun a bit here IMO. If you do manage to find a few wholesalers, they're not going to be pleased to hear that it's going to be 90 days before you're able to move anything.

MN_Jay

Reaction score
I agree, if you are serious and decide to put some money in your business that I think wholesalers will be looking for you, not the other way around. But you sort of have a chicken and egg thing going here - you can't buy bulk until you have a customer base, and you can't get a customer base without buying in bulk.